HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #226 of 11,883
Not sure where you heard that the HEKse has a brighter sound signature than the HEKv2. That’s not the case. It handles the high end incredibly well and there’s nothing bright about it.

Yes, there is. It is definitely brighter than both Hek v2 and Arya. Listened to all 3 at a dealer recently and the SE is definitely brighter. Not harsh or sibilant, just brighter. Whether that is a good or bad thing depends on taste.

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #227 of 11,883
Dec 28, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #228 of 11,883
Yes, there is. It is definitely brighter than both Hek v2 and Arya. Listened to all 3 at a dealer recently and the SE is definitely brighter. Not harsh or sibilant, just brighter. Whether that is a good or bad thing depends on taste.

Ok, now the million dollar question; is there anything the HEKV2 does that the Arya does not?

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #229 of 11,883
Ok, now the million dollar question; is there anything the HEKV2 does that the Arya does not?

One thing for sure, Break your Bank.

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #230 of 11,883

Well i guess to me the term bright is a negative thing. So that’s why I’d say the SE isn’t “bright”. Maybe more treble energy or something.

Anyways, very cool that you got to hear all 3 headphones! Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread but does the Arya really hold up that well to the HEKv2? Overall, what percent of the HEKv2 performance would you say the Arya achieves?

I ask because I’d like to buy my brother a high end headphone, but the HEKv2 is too pricey for someone like him who’s not into the hobby yet. But Arya might be an amazing entry into this world for him.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #233 of 11,883
Hey, how do you like that monolith liquid platinum in the background of the photo? Cheers.

It's a great amp. Pairs well with everything due to its musicality, strong dynamics and plentiful power.

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #234 of 11,883
I just pulled the trigger on these. I'm hoping they are as good as I'm led to believe. Since I'm starting to mix up my collection with full-size cans, some of my precious IEMs will likely have to go. I just hope the Arya is worth the sacrifice haha.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #235 of 11,883
I just pulled the trigger on these. I'm hoping they are as good as I'm led to believe. Since I'm starting to mix up my collection with full-size cans, some of my precious IEMs will likely have to go. I just hope the Arya is worth the sacrifice haha.

Did you get your Arya's yet???

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #236 of 11,883
Did you get your Arya's yet???
Unfortunately, not yet. I have an APO address (overseas military base) so packages take roughly 10 to 14 days to arrive even priority shipments. I'll be sure to check once I've had a chance to listen to them.

Most of my experience is with IEMs but I'm hoping the Arya will encourage me to diversify more, as did the Elex.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #237 of 11,883
Anyone try these vs the Ether2?

As for the HEX v2, if you can get the later version for the current going price in the low $700's, it's a fine can for the $.

If the MD XX is as good or better, the price will drop even lower.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #238 of 11,883
Anyone try these vs the Ether2?

As for the HEX v2, if you can get the later version for the current going price in the low $700's, it's a fine can for the $.

If the MD XX is as good or better, the price will drop even lower.

The massdrop offering will be a HEX v1 at best.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #239 of 11,883
The massdrop offering will be a HEX v1 at best.

Of course (stupid of me really), it's HFM, rev 1, still good and promising for the $, then here comes XXX in 14 months that is v2...

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #240 of 11,883
Of course (stupid of me really), it's HFM, rev 1, still good and promising for the $, then here comes XXX in 14 months that is v2...

Honestly, the Sundara is not a bad option by that point. But regardless, Arya is why we are here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back