HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #5,206 of 11,884
He said that the stealth mag will be sold along side the v2. Seems most didn't realize they had an option, if this is true.
Not likely. They could co-exist in the catalog if this v3 was "Arya se" (see also: HE1000 v2 vs HE1000se), but since they are both just "Arya" they cannot both be current production models. Pretty sure v2 is only available until retailers sell out of pre-revision models.

Oct 5, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #5,208 of 11,884
Not likely. They could co-exist in the catalog if this v3 was "Arya se" (see also: HE1000 v2 vs HE1000se), but since they are both just "Arya" they cannot both be current production models. Pretty sure v2 is only available until retailers sell out of pre-revision models.

I agree, but "along side" sounded like it wasn't going anywhere to me, which is why I found that statement odd.

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #5,209 of 11,884
According to the promotional email I've received from HFM, they sell booth models and you can chose which one you want to buy, the original (v2) or one with stealth magnets. But that can change in the future. Here you can find booth versions: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/headphones.html

Oct 6, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #5,210 of 11,884
New Arya user reporting in! I got the stealth magnet version because that's the only unit that my local distributor received in the latest delivery from Hifiman.
Out of the box I was impressed with how nicely it fills the headstage, how "big" the sound is. Speed and detail retrieval are amazing, too.
But vocals are a little off to me. Like they are excessively smooth and lack texture. Maybe it's something I just need to get used to.

Oct 6, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #5,211 of 11,884
With a heavy heart I've returned my Arya (v3). I have been through two now and both had channel matching issues. My the right channel was noticeably louder on both pairs, at different parts of the frequency range. This threw the soundstage off completely and once I noticed it it ruined the experience for me.

I even had my sister try them for a second opinion and she asked if the right side was louder straight away.

I reached out to HiFiMan directly asking for some assurance that I could get a proper pair, or if this is expected to some extent. They said, sorry for the inconvenience, you'll just have to return them. So I did.

Very disappointing considering that I loved how they sounded otherwise.

Here are the measurements (all proper measurement procedures were followed):

arya1.png

arya2.png

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #5,212 of 11,884
With a heavy heart I've returned my Arya (v3). I have been through two now and both had channel matching issues. My the right channel was noticeably louder on both pairs, at different parts of the frequency range. This threw the soundstage off completely and once I noticed it it ruined the experience for me.

I even had my sister try them for a second opinion and she asked if the right side was louder straight away.

I reached out to HiFiMan directly asking for some assurance that I could get a proper pair, or if this is expected to some extent. They said, sorry for the inconvenience, you'll just have to return them. So I did.

Aw that sucks ! What did you use to take this measurement and what is up with that huge trough from 4khz to 8khz ?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #5,213 of 11,884

arya1.png

arya2.png
Bad luck. Mine sounds fine.

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #5,214 of 11,884

arya1.png

arya2.png
What equipment did you use to measure the channel imbalance? I was wondering if there is a way to do it relatively cheaply at home. Cheers

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #5,216 of 11,884
As compared to what?
What headphones do you consider to have the perfect vocal texture and less smoothness that you prefer, regarding the Vocal presentation?
curious about this as well, also what amp/dac are you using?

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #5,217 of 11,884

If possible, tell us where the purchase was made so that 2 members here won't end up buying a "open box", from this vendor, only to receive your defective units.

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #5,218 of 11,884
Aw that sucks ! What did you use to take this measurement and what is up with that huge trough from 4khz to 8khz ?
miniDSP EARS - just bought it because I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and could prove what I was hearing.

Not sure what's with the dip, it shows up on all of my headphones so I assume I need a compensation curve to normalize it. I do find it's still accurate relative to the L/R balance. Flipping the mics around produced the same results so it's not a defective rig. My Focal Clear Mg's measure within 1db L/R and it sounds just as flat as they measure.

If possible, tell us where the purchase was made so that 2 members here won't end up buying a "open box", from this vendor, only to receive your defective units.
This is from Amazon, official HiFiMan store as the seller.

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #5,220 of 11,884
No channel mismatch on my pair, fortunately, and I'm extremely sensitive to channel imbalances.
However, there is something I noticed almost immediately. The Arya, or at least my unit, is very sensitive to placement on my head. Even minute movements can cause the centre to veer off to the side or start travelling left and right. I pulled the headband down a notch and the centre sits much more securely in the middle now. However, any imbalances in the placement of the vocal track in songs are much more pronounced on the Arya than other of my headphones, which, I expect, is due to its wider headstage.

curious about this as well, also what amp/dac are you using?
Compared to iBasso IT07, off the top of my head. It has outstanding and very emotional vocal presentation and gives me goose bumps on some songs. This has yet to happen with the Arya.

I use a Gustard X16+H16 stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back