HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #317 of 799
@gLer Hey there, battery is not an issue for since I always use my dap at home at work I take a dongle with me. However,

Hey there, battery is not an issue for since I always use my dap at home at work I take a dongle with me. However, The dynamics are they that noticeable to pay 2000 for them ? I feel like the R6 P2 is so good but willing to try the S8 ii before pulling the trigger.
I personally do think it’s worth it, the larger stage and better dynamics create a more immersive listening experience, which is what I’m after with a DAP like this…
Just read the review and I’m sold on the R8ii, I actually think I have to have it like my life depends on this dap. The question is do I keep both or sell r6 p2?@Skeith
…seems you’ve convinced yourself! If it was me I’d definitely try to sell the R6P2 to recoup some funds.

At least that’s what I thought about my RS6 that hasn’t sold yet, and now I’m almost afraid to unbox it and hear it again with Anni and my shiny new Spartacus. 🤷‍♂️

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #318 of 799
I personally do think it’s worth it, the larger stage and better dynamics create a more immersive listening experience, which is what I’m after with a DAP like this…

…seems you’ve convinced yourself! If it was me I’d definitely try to sell the R6P2 to recoup some funds.

At least that’s what I thought about my RS6 that hasn’t sold yet, and now I’m almost afraid to unbox it and hear it again with Anni and my shiny new Spartacus. 🤷‍♂️
Man I just got the r6p2 a month ago and if would buy the r8ii it would by the end of this year but I like to plan ahead on my decision so I can pull the trigger when it’s time. Right now I’m going to be using the r6p2 along with 4 dongles I have like Shanling Ua5, RU7,Ibasso dc04 pro and Questyle m15. I’m set until December of this year.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #319 of 799
Man I just got the r6p2 a month ago and if would buy the r8ii it would by the end of this year but I like to plan ahead on my decision so I can pull the trigger when it’s time. Right now I’m going to be using the r6p2 along with 4 dongles I have like Shanling Ua5, RU7,Ibasso dc04 pro and Questyle m15. I’m set until December of this year.
My only advice, aside from the fact R8 II is an upgrade, is not to get yourself in trouble financially. If you can afford it, I say go for it. I'd you can't, don't. I know that sounds obvious, but we often let emotion get the better of reason in this hobby...which is all good and well, but I'm just saying, be careful and you'll enjoy it even more.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #320 of 799
My only advice, aside from the fact R8 II is an upgrade, is not to get yourself in trouble financially. If you can afford it, I say go for it. I'd you can't, don't. I know that sounds obvious, but we often let emotion get the better of reason in this hobby...which is all good and well, but I'm just saying, be careful and you'll enjoy it even more.
Thanks man. I actually could afford the r8 ii right but I’m trying to be realistic as I got so much gear the past 3 months and it doesn’t make any sense to get a high end dap right now. That’s why I’ll wait until December this year to see if I really need it or not. Delaying my wants sometimes lets me know if I need something for sure or not. And thanks again man. @gLer

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #321 of 799
Thanks man. I actually could afford the r8 ii right but I’m trying to be realistic as I got so much gear the past 3 months and it doesn’t make any sense to get a high end dap right now. That’s why I’ll wait until December this year to see if I really need it or not. Delaying my wants sometimes lets me know if I need something for sure or not. And thanks again man. @gLer
Not to mention, stores usually give nice discounts during the holiday season, a 20% off wouldn't be difficult, so aim for either that discount now or wait for when it's on! Even if you can afford stuff, no reason not to do it at a reasonable discount :wink:

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #322 of 799
Many thanks to @Dazzert318 for selling me his R8ii. The DAP has been fantastic so far- only tested with the UM Mentor.

I found I don't mind the Alcantara back, which was a slight concern and actually finding the case to be quite OK.

To anyone who hasn't done this yet- enable Developer Options by clicking on build number a few times to get rid of animations as the DAP will feel a good bit faster that way. I am still finding the UI to be a bit sluggish but not bad for a DAP.

Massive thanks to @davidmolliere for his recommendation to give the Hiby a go!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #323 of 799
Many thanks to @Dazzert318 for selling me his R8ii. The DAP has been fantastic so far- only tested with the UM Mentor.

I found I don't mind the Alcantara back, which was a slight concern and actually finding the case to be quite OK.

To anyone who hasn't done this yet- enable Developer Options by clicking on build number a few times to get rid of animations as the DAP will feel a good bit faster that way. I am still finding the UI to be a bit sluggish but not bad for a DAP.

Massive thanks to @davidmolliere for his recommendation to give the Hiby a go!
I don’t find the UI to be sluggish. Very similar to the RS6 which is fairly fast for a DAP.
How do you find it with the mentor because that’s what I’ve been using it with? I previously mainly used the mentor with my Sony dap.

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #324 of 799
I got the Mentor very recently, along with the Anni 2023. Loving it with the R8ii.

Feb 4, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #326 of 799
Happy Friday everyone,

Can anyone provide comparisons between the R8 II and the 320MAX Ti?

My apologies if this was already shared by someone. Thanks!
IMO 320Max neutral, better resolution/separation. R8II more V-shape, more fun and engaging. I usually pair the 320Max with external amps but R8II by itself. Both are good and plenty of power, but different.

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #327 of 799
For those who are interested, I just shared my Hiby R8 II review. Lots of info to read and to digest, including in depth analysis of the design, the sound, comparisons, pair-ups, and various wired and wireless connections :)

hiby-r8ii-15.jpg

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #328 of 799
For those who are interested, I just shared my Hiby R8 II review. Lots of info to read and to digest, including in depth analysis of the design, the sound, comparisons, pair-ups, and various wired and wireless connections :)

hiby-r8ii-15.jpg
How does everyone suggest to maximize battery on this? I’ve heard so many different things. I charged it to 90 initially and now it’s about 42. Should I let it go down to like 30 and then fully charge it or just charge it to like 88 or so?

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #330 of 799

hiby-r8ii-15.jpg
Great review and awesome details.

Do you think is worth considering N8ii for more price, is it worth the gap difference? I have the Xenns up, Fatfreq SM, GAEA, Mest Mk2, Heyday and planing to get the Annihilator 23 later currently I have Hiby R6 pro ii, would those iem with R8ii ? Mostly I have U/V shaped iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back