HI end DAP
Jan 21, 2022 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering which one you folks would pick? Could you briefly describe the sound? I am completely clueless on this. I was going to use a desktop R2R DAC but think I am much better off with this route. Thank you

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 4
I love my Astell&Kern SE200. This is my second A&K. It has two different DACs internally so you can choose which one you are in the mood to listen to. It is hard to "describe the sound". It is superb in my view, but the sound depends quite a bit on how good the recording is that is being played. The higher resolution files do indeed sound better. IT goes up to DSD256, so some very high resolution can be handled by the DAP.

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you. Yes, I am leaning toward the SP2000T. The N8 is too expensive for me. I also like the M17 but the Nutube seems way better. I think ultimately a desktop DAC may have overall better SQ but is a big hassle now. All in one box with Tidal is right up my alley.

Jan 24, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 4
I found out that the likes of the DAVE will destroy the sound quality of the best of the DAP's. This may be no secret. DAVE is not too large for me. It does not fit in the pocket however. I take it DAP's are a trade off. Meanwhile the DAC in the 2022 N17 Alienware should be close to as good as an M11 LTD from what I gather. I had ordered a Metrum Amethyst I feel walks on Dave for much less money anyhow. I just need to sit tight two weeks. I think a DAP would have been cool but so is the Iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back