Hey Tyll!
Feb 24, 2010 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Banned at his own request
What's up? How's business over there?
Saw you didn't update your blog for some days, thought I'd ask.
Looking forward to your Anatomy of an AirHead / BitHead post!
Anyway, take care!
beerchug.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 10
Actually, we have just sent the head off for recalibration and are moving all the measurement gear to my house. The noise at the office made it impossible to measure headphones during the day, and getting up at four in the morning to measure cans befor anyone got to work was getting old.

So, I've been building a lab in my home. I've been a good forum geek though, and have been taking pictures as I go; I plan to put up some posts on the blog with the progress of the project ... probably on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Here's a spoiler:

802873764_GZ97r-L.jpg

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, we have just sent the head off for recalibration and are moving all the measurement gear to my house. The noise at the office made it impossible to measure headphones during the day, and getting up at four in the morning to measure cans befor anyone got to work was getting old.

So, I've been building a lab in my home. I've been a good forum geek though, and have been taking pictures as I go; I plan to put up some posts on the blog with the progress of the project ... probably on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Here's a spoiler:

[pic]

I LOL'd for three solid minutes. Awesome build. Looking forward for to your posts!
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

I'm really looking forward to your results! When do you expect the dummy head to return?

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 10
The head is back, but getting the gear together, recalibrating, checking for consistency with previous measurements, and making some changes to the way the data is acquired and then calculations performed is going to take a while. All sorts of stuff can go wrong, just has to be worked through carefully.

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by inarc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this a HEAD acoustics HSU III? Which equalization (FF, DF, ID) will you use?
Thanks!

Been a long time, but we use the DF compensation curves I think.

And where'd you find out about that link? Sneaky bugger.
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

And where'd you find out about that link? Sneaky bugger.
beerchug.gif

By browsing your galleries.
tongue.gif

You provided the link yourself: Quote:

[IMG_]http://putts.smugmug.com/HeadRoom/Measurements/P1020393B/802873764_GZ97r-L.jpg[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back