hey I need help deciding on a speaker and an amplifier
Dec 13, 2023 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EitanDainn

New Head-Fier
I have been sniffing around the second hand market for some time now and I have found a few options for a speaker system
I already have my eyes on a streamer and a dac (ifi zen dac signature v2 and ifi zen streamer), I just need to figure out what speaker and integrated amp / power amp I should get. (I already have a meh preamp that does everything I'll need from him)

my options for speakers are: sonus faber liuto monitor for 1600 usd, elac carina bs 243.4 for 700 usd, mistral sag 500 (I need an opinion about them cause they seem weird and also sold on AliExpress which I think is a red flag) for 1500 usd, sonus faber sonetto 1 for 1500 usd, sonus faber concerto monitor for 1200 usd, elac uni-fi ubr62 for 650, kef ls50 for 1000 usd.

the amps I get to choose from are: hegel h1 for 600 usd, roksan ka-1 mk3 for 600 usd primare i22 integrated for 850 usd, roksan caspian power amp for 700 usd, an upgraded quad 405-2 with balanced inputs for 700 usd, vincent sp331 for 800 usd, Electrocompaniet Ampliwire II for 950 usd, mcintosh mc7100 mk2 (with balanced inputs) for 950 usd.

I have 2400 usd to spend on a speaker and an amp out of these options. what should I get?
(I think that the sonus faber liuto monitor and the hegel h1 or the mcintosh mc7100 would be a good option)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Gotta be upfront, as I work for the company, so keep that in mind :)
But I would suggest giving the Buchardt Audio P300's a consideration as well. Look up a few reviews on YouTube.
Coupled with a good amplifier they should give you extremely good sound for the money. They also play quite deep for their size. If you don't like them, you can always return them.
GL with the search!

Dec 13, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 6
Gotta be upfront, as I work for the company, so keep that in mind :)
But I would suggest giving the Buchardt Audio P300's a consideration as well. Look up a few reviews on YouTube.
Coupled with a good amplifier they should give you extremely good sound for the money. They also play quite deep for their size. If you don't like them, you can always return them.
GL with the search!
ty lindholdt I will check it out, but could you tell me what is your opinion about the speakers / amps I listed? where I live the second hand market is not ready for buchardt speaker and tax here is terrible.

Dec 13, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 6
ty lindholdt I will check it out, but could you tell me what is your opinion about the speakers / amps I listed? where I live the second hand market is not ready for buchardt speaker and tax here is terrible.
Sure 😊
I haven't heard all of the speakers or amps you have listed, so can't speak for all of them.
But the Sonetto I have heard good feedback on. The KEF LS50 is almost a classic at this point, and a very nice all around speaker. Personally I think these two would be my favorites, and the LS50 as the main one.
For amplifiers, I think you have found many nice ones, but I think my favorites would be Hegel, Primare and McIntosh.

Last note on Buchardt Audio, and I promise I'll shut up about them/us: Import tax is covered in most of the world (email us about it), shipping cost is included in the price, and the P300 comes with a 5 year warranty.

Dec 13, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 6
Sure 😊
I haven't heard all of the speakers or amps you have listed, so can't speak for all of them.
But the Sonetto I have heard good feedback on. The KEF LS50 is almost a classic at this point, and a very nice all around speaker. Personally I think these two would be my favorites, and the LS50 as the main one.
For amplifiers, I think you have found many nice ones, but I think my favorites would be Hegel, Primare and McIntosh.

Last note on Buchardt Audio, and I promise I'll shut up about them/us: Import tax is covered in most of the world (email us about it), shipping cost is included in the price, and the P300 comes with a 5 year warranty.
no need to shut up about them, they are one nice pair of speakers!

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Sure 😊

if I can get them without paying taxes they become a viable option, how do they compare to the sonetto and kef?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back