hey guys.. im new here
Jul 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hifikid245

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I'm ed, new to head fi and to the world of serious music listening. First of all English is not my native language and i apologize if i have wrong grammar or misused words. I am a music lover myself, I sung my very first song when l was 3 since then music became part of my daily basis and of my life. I don't consider myself as an audiophile.. Not yet.. Or maybe not, just a serious music lover. I've had my very first pair of good headphones from a company with great reputation in creating best headphones, I've had the sennheiser hd 449 i got it 2 years from now. Since I got my first pair of headphones which l consider good cause I haven't tried any headphones yet in fact it has become a way to introduce myself into the world of audiophile.. I have already started it with my HD 449.. So yeah why not continue. If you could help me guys: What are the best sounding open headphones under 300,400, or 500 I really like the sennheiser headphones in terms of comfort in fact I always wear my headphones even though I'm not using it, it feel so comfortable you can wear it all day without having any issue. I was actually to the HD 598 or maybe the HD 600 etc. And also I was thinking getting a pair of Beyerdynamic headphones. I really want the clarity, natural, great sounding headphones under my budget. I always listen to edm,classic,jazz,rock,acoustic,trance but I'm not using it for trance or edm I got separate headphones for those . l will just gonna use it inside my room that's why I need the best sounding open over ear headphones. Sound and comfort is number one priority. If you could specify the best headphone for my budgets (300,400,500) I appreciate it. Thank you in advance :D

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 7
Welcome!

It's very important to know what will be feeding and powering the cans you are seeking.  Many require or sound much better with a proper amp.

You will probably benefit by checking out the Buying Guide:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

It may not solve all the mysteries or be the final answer, but it's a very good place to start.

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks guys.
@ FranTBW: It's alright I'm just 17 anyway still in high school, just saving enough money for my passion of headphones. Thank you for all the comments and replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back