Hey Canadians: 50% off CDs at Sam the Record Man!!
Jan 5, 2002 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7
***First of all, I just wanna say I dont work for sam the record man, and am in no way affiliated with them, this is just a heads up for cheap cds***

Hey all you Canadians, i just stopped by Sam the Record Man downtown,. and they went bankrupt so theyre liquidating all their stuff, everything is 50% off the last price, so CDs are real cheap. (same with dvds, vhs's, accessories, etc - literally everything is half price)

A high majority of cds are under $10 cdn, most cds are around 7$7, $8, or $9.
My dad picked up like 7 cds.
I picked up:
Dave Matthews Band - Live at Chicago 2CD(for my brother) about $10.80 cdn (reg $27 then $21.70 then half off)
Lit - Atomic $7 (reg $16 then $14, then half off)
Templar - Under the Sun $3.50 (reg $19, then $14, then $7, then half off again)

So if you're going anywhere by here, or even if ur not, u can get some friggin cheap cds, and good ones too cuz every cd that they got is 50% off. the selection might not be too great so it might be hard to find the top 10.

Also, i picked up some cheap cd's at A&B Sound next door.
Deftones - White Pony reg 13.79 was on sale for 3.99 - good stuff
"The Crow 2: Salvation" soundtrack - was $2.79 - only a couple songs that i like but im not mad cuz its so damn cheap.

All the non-canadians reading this are probably pretty damn envious, lots of their cds end up being like $20-$25 cdn. we got some of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) cd prices in the world to begin with hehehe.

Yeah I dunno how long the sale will be, probably just til they sell out of stuff - but lots of the really popular stuff is gone already (ie britney spears, nsync, all those boys and girls groups)

Ps. im goin back tomorrow to look for
Incubus - morning view
The strokes - is this it
Good charlotte
Radiohead - kid a
Dungeon family - even in darkness
Blink 182 - the tom, mark, and travis show (live)
i might think about the newest tea party cd...i saw the matthew good band cd "the audio of being", todayfor liek 7 or 8 bucks and i would've got it, but i already got it, and it kicks ass!
anyways, wish me luck!

Jan 5, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 7
sapphire: you're a bit late, almost all the good stuff is gone
frown.gif
I've been there three times, dealt with the ridiculously long checkout lines, but it's been worth it...You won't find The Strokes, but they have a bunch of Kid A special edition CDs..

P.S. they had Kenny Barron and Regina Carter's "Freefall" for Cdn$8..can't beat that..

Jan 6, 2002 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 7
Yea I shoulda went on Boxing Day. I went right by there too. Well although I didnt find any of the stuff on my list, but for about $37 cdn I still ended up with these 6 cd's:

Black rob - life story [$8.50]
Blink 182 - i wont be home for christmas [$2.35] (a single - includes title track, all the small things, josie, and please take me home)
Coldplay - parachutes [$8.50] (the only cd that ive really listened to so far. good stuff, i really like the song 'trouble', the video for it is cool too)
Dmx - the great depression [$7]
'The fast and the furious' soundtrack [$6.50]
Rubber - rubber [$5]
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals - Live From Mars (2CD) $10.50

My brother got:

Staind - dysfunction [$9]
Puddle of Mudd - Come Clean [$9]
Finger Eleven - the grayest of blue skies [$9]
Everclear - Songs from an american movie vol 1: learning how to smile [$7] (cool cd - so far, ive only listened to a few songs)
Taproot - Gift [$8.50]
Garbage - Beautifulgarbage [$8.50]
NOFX - bottles to the ground [$4] (single)
Watchmen - Slomotion 2CD [$9]
P.O.D. - Satellite [$9]

Jan 7, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 7
The Japanese version of Parachutes has two really good bonus tracks.."Careful Where You Stand" and "For You"..you should be able to find both in mp3 format somewhere.

Jan 9, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #7 of 7
" Finger Eleven - the grayest of blue skies "

That is the only recent mainstream rock album I've been able to stomach.......you've got a cool brother (except for the P.O.D. stuff...
rolleyes.gif
) sapphire..

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back