Hey Britain-- What about Mansun?
Jul 13, 2002 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
Hello,
I'm an American Anglophile for many many years now, and I have to say--- I LOVE Mansun. Two of their albums have been officially released here in the States--- Grey Lantern and Six, but Little Kix is only avail. here on import, but I paid exta for it and it RULES. I have them all and will buy their next album even if it's an import.

This band is INSANE. I LOVE Mansun. They haven't received a fair hearing here in the States, nor do I suppose in Britain. That's a shame because I think this band is INCREDIBLE but their timing SUCKS. You can hardly blame them for that, though....

You English types who participate one this board... what are your thoughts on this band? I believe they are put-down by your indiginous music press-- but what do you think? Please post here if you support Mansun!!!!!

markl

Jul 13, 2002 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 5
Haven't heard of them...What style of music? What are their BEST albums(besides the ones you already mentioned)?

Jul 15, 2002 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello ArChaos,
Mansun is definitely in the "Rock" category. I have a hard time comparing them to anyone. All I can say is that if you are an American Anglophile, this band will surely tickle your fancy. I like their latest "Little Kix" best, but you can more easily find album #2, "Six" in the used bin of your local used-CD store for cheap. If you love obscure English rock, this band is tailor made for you. Check it out!

markl

Jul 15, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 5
they've been around for awhile and they are quite well known i though, here in australia anyway. i really dig their sound too
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2002 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 5
Hello,Markl
I gave them a try - listened few times to some downloaded samples/songs... sorry, to "soft" for my taste... Thanks, anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back