HELP
Dec 18, 2008 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mathegax

New Head-Fier
i wanted to get a pair of iems for around $80-100
i have been looking at the ue super fi 4s, the shure se110s, and the etymotics er61 s

which one do i get?
does anyone have any other suggestions?

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 3
those are all good choices. however there are more.

nuforce 7 is under that price super fi 3, apple iem (the new one), kenwood c711, denon c700, westone um1, sony ex85-90 (price dependent), victor fx300 and im sure quite a few more that are worthy.

what do you like to listen to? it may make a huge difference based on that. i originally owned the westone um2 on reviews here at headfi as well as a recommendation by a friend. i listened to his with his music and they sounded great. then, i played my music after buying them and they were horrible.

good phones does not mean good phones for you. you must tell us what you like. do you like rock for instance? do you prefer fast bass or big bass or smooth treble or a very detailed sound? do you like close mids and hearing the singer right next to you or do you prefer to hear the recording studio or from the audience?

when you can answer these, i think we might be able to help you out. good luck

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 3
i listen to a broad array of music
i love the beatles, jack johnson, but then i like dft punk, mgmt, the submarines, and even some hip/hop like common and others
these headphones wil be used for many purposes like working out, running, skiing. i want something that has a well balanced sound, with a good bass but the mids and highs are probably most important

Users who are viewing this thread

Back