Help with headphones for 13 year-old daughter
Dec 12, 2014 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sweetdaddyjones

New Head-Fier
I'm going to get my 13 year-old daughter a pair of decent headphones for Christmas and need some help picking out the right pair.  She will use them mainly in her room with an iPod.  I introduced her to the different types of headphones, and she thinks she'll prefer on-ear.

I don't want to spend too much on them because she has a history or not taking the best care of her stuff, so I guess my budget is $25-$60-ish to see if it's something she'll take care of before I drop any more money than that on better quality phones.

Would Koss Porta-Pro be a good pair for her?  Anything else that I should consider?

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 11
Take a look a monoprice headphones the sound great for under $50.

+1 My buddy actually got one of their sets for half off ( cost $20 ) on black Friday and I felt it was an extremely good value. They also fold up so it'd be easy for her to take somewhere if she wants.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks for the Tascam and Monoprice recs, but those look like they're all over-the-ear, and she said she definitely doesn't want those.  Both of those are right in the price range I'm hoping for, so if I can talk into changing her mind, I'll probably go with a pair of Monoprice, but if she's dead set on on-ear, any other recommendations?

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks for all of the replies.  I ordered her the Philips cans, but of course she informed me tonight that she's been thinking about it and wants over-the-ear instead.  I have some good choices between the Monoprice and Tascam if Santa decides to change the elves' work order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back