Help with finding a DAP with Bluetooth aptX Adaptive
Dec 21, 2023 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Saraguie

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been looking for a DAP that sends and receives Bluetooth aptX Adaptive. I've checked with retailers, and IEM manufacturers who make ANC earbuds, and scoured DAP manufacturer specs for DAPs on their websites...I cannot find it.

Why would the manufacturers of Bluetooth earphones (2 BIG ones do) in their newest models, include the Adaptive codec if it can't be used? Like buying a 4k TV and watching VHS tapes on it? lol

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 13
Apparently the new Hiby Digital M300 just got an update that added AptX, AptX HD and AptX Adaptive. But, I do not think the M300 can act as a BT receiver, at least not yet.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 13
Apparently the new Hiby Digital M300 just got an update that added AptX, AptX HD and AptX Adaptive. But, I do not think the M300 can act as a BT receiver, at least not yet.
How do you know that aptX Adaptive will be included in the software update? All I can find is, "aptX via firmware update"...nothing about which aptX codecs are being installed. It be great if they did add it.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 13
Someone on Reddit posted an image. Just Google "m300 aptx" and you'll find it.

1703385204410.png

Dec 24, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 13
Someone on Reddit posted an image. Just Google "m300 aptx" and you'll find it.

HOORAY! I have been deep internet diving looking for a portable DAP with aptX Adaptive. I've written to: 4 of the big online retailers specializing in micro (my word) audio, 2 manufacturers of noise canceling earbuds, and posted on audio websites asking for help in finding one.....at any price point!

December 20, 2023 https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Hiby%20Digital%20M300

The Hiby Digital M300 suggested retail $199.00 is the only DAP any search has turned up !!! Fingers crossed Adaptive works!
Thanks to all for commenting....shout out to Kalibri I'll follow up after I try, I have one coming this Friday.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #10 of 13
I've been looking for a DAP that sends and receives Bluetooth aptX Adaptive. I've checked with retailers, and IEM manufacturers who make ANC earbuds, and scoured DAP manufacturer specs for DAPs on their websites...I cannot find it.

Why would the manufacturers of Bluetooth earphones (2 BIG ones do) in their newest models, include the Adaptive codec if it can't be used? Like buying a 4k TV and watching VHS tapes on it? lol
see above duplicate

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 13
So what was the verdict? Does aptX adaptive work?
HOORAY! I have been deep internet diving looking for a portable DAP with aptX Adaptive. I've written to: 4 of the big online retailers specializing in micro (my word) audio, 2 manufacturers of noise canceling earbuds, and posted on audio websites asking for help in finding one.....at any price point!

December 20, 2023 https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Hiby%20Digital%20M300

The Hiby Digital M300 suggested retail $199.00 is the only DAP any search has turned up !!! Fingers crossed Adaptive works!
Thanks to all for commenting....shout out to Kalibri I'll follow up after I try, I have one coming this Friday.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #12 of 13
So what was the verdict? Does aptX adaptive work?
Indeed it does. as well as LDAC. It feels entry-level, the screen abilities are entry-level and the DAC & AMP are ok.

For my use, as a Bluetooth sender... it does as described. For the sound, I don't think at this time there are any DAPs with a better signal path outbound. As soon as other DAPs catch up with software capabilities I'll buy an upgrade.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #13 of 13
Indeed it does. as well as LDAC. It feels entry-level, the screen abilities are entry-level and the DAC & AMP are ok.

For my use, as a Bluetooth sender... it does as described. For the sound, I don't think at this time there are any DAPs with a better signal path outbound. As soon as other DAPs catch up with software capabilities I'll buy an upgrade.
That's great. I have the Bose QC Ultra Earbuds which have aptX adaptive but I believe the player has to also have adaptive for it to work. It is backwards compitible but only from the player end, ie my earbuds won't work with a standard aptX player unfortunately. I'll give this a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back