Help with Audigy 2/Live hack
Jan 18, 2003 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fuse

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to this whole hi-fi headphone thing, but I do have a pair of Senn HD580s and a META coming in the mail, and I wanted to do a (temporary) upgrade to my weakest link, my SB Live soundcard. I saw the thread about the Audigy 2 hack, and saw some conformations that it worked on the SB Live Value, so I downloaded the driver files (112 MB) and the compadibility patch, but I don't know where to go from here. When I tried to install the first file under setup.exe, it said that my soundcard was not properly configured. The apps that came with the card have long been dead, (typical SB quality
rolleyes.gif
) but I don't have the cash to buy the new M-Audio Revolution card. If anyone can guide me through this or give me suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

J.F.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2003 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Mine ran as smooth as silk...

all I know is that you have to run the hacked CTComp file TWICE, once within the 112mb download (which is why you need WinRAR) and again on the DRV file...

Did you do that, and it still didn't work?

Jan 19, 2003 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 4
if you follow the link that was mentioned on the original live/audigy hack to audigy2... and you do all the steps.. you should have no problem...

my audigy was sucessfully converted to audigy 2 without any conflicts confusion or problems..

vandit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back