[Help]What kind of cable should I use on AKG K240S
Mar 12, 2007 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

timmit

New Head-Fier
I just bought a K240s and I now find it's bass is terrible. Should I change the chord or what? Cadas?
confused.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even though i love recabling things, i dont really recommend recabling these kinds of headphones. unless you make it balanced, by recabling both sides, you might want to stick to stock cables..

what about K271s?

Mar 12, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 12
timmit: I fear, if you expect the same kind of slackless, tight bass of the K501 from the K240S, no cable on earth will fix this (unless one would implement some kind of filter components). I found the K240S to be rather amp-dependant, though - if you've got several to try, I'd suggest doing so. In addition, I'd claim that the K240S isn't a phone for the wimp: it rather seems to need a certain volume level (> 80 dB, I'd guess) in order to wake up and shine. Also, I often find myself fiddling around with earcup placement for quite a while, until everything sounds right and imaging kind of clicks into place. But still: If you're looking for a similar sonic signature like the K501's or even more so the K240DF's, the K240S isn't going to make you happy.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
timmit: I fear, if you expect the same kind of slackless, tight bass of the K501 from the K240S, no cable on earth will fix this (unless one would implement some kind of filter components). I found the K240S to be rather amp-dependant, though - if you've got several to try, I'd suggest doing so. In addition, I'd claim that the K240S isn't a phone for the wimp: it rather seems to need a certain volume level (> 80 dB, I'd guess) in order to wake up and shine. Also, I often find myself fiddling around with earcup placement for quite a while, until everything sounds right and imaging kind of clicks into place. But still: If you're looking for a similar sonic signature like the K501's or even more so the K240DF's, the K240S isn't going to make you happy.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Heaven... K240M or K240S has not been in stock in my city (mayber the whole country) for some time. And I guess I may have to look for the second-hand bargains. So disappointed...well, I wanna sell my K240S, who wants it----------

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 12
Timmit, K240S have an unique sound, wich will appeal to some yet make other run away in terror. They aren't that great of a value knowing there is a lot competition at there price point nowadays. I never tried recabling them but before i sold them to one of my friend that was my next goal, just to see if i can tighten them some. I don't know if SPC could have arrange the problem but it wouldn't be bad for sure, so if you like DIY you can always try an see for yourself...or forget about it and buy some better cans.

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heaven... K240M or K240S has not been in stock in my city (mayber the whole country) for some time. (...)

Well, the K240DF and K240M have both been discontinued - you'll probably have to search very thoroughly, if you still want to buy a new one.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Mar 15, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #11 of 12
I recable my K240Studio with Nordost WyreWizard (2.5m) with the NeutriK 6.35mm gold contacts. Yeah ~~ A bit better now and it is more accurate.

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 12
The amp is SAMAUDIO X-Numen PRO (Made in Shang Hai, China).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back