Help, transfer music to vintage Sony Network Walkman (NW-E507) without Sonic Syage
Feb 21, 2024 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gerelmx1986

Headphoneus Supremus
I habe a vintage sony walkman from 2005. The NW-E507 with 1GB of flash memory.

How evever after dragg and dropping some m3's directly into it ... it did not work as it displays NO DATA .
Sonic stage doesn't exist anymore...

Any ideas how to transfer music to this walkman from 20 years ago? My computer with windows 11 recognizwd it

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 6
I habe a vintage sony walkman from 2005. The NW-E507 with 1GB of flash memory.

How evever after dragg and dropping some m3's directly into it ... it did not work as it displays NO DATA .
Sonic stage doesn't exist anymore...

Any ideas how to transfer music to this walkman from 20 years ago? My computer with windows 11 recognizwd it
I had the A808 (you too?) which was around 2007 and it was still only Sonic Stage until the next model. I think you can drag and drop as an external storage, but it will not recognize unless loaded via Sonic Stage - I loathed Sonic Stage. From memory there was a third-party software that was able to load music, can't remember the name. Possibly someone still has a disc image they could share.

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 6
I had the A808 (you too?) which was around 2007 and it was still only Sonic Stage until the next model. I think you can drag and drop as an external storage, but it will not recognize unless loaded via Sonic Stage - I loathed Sonic Stage. From memory there was a third-party software that was able to load music, can't remember the name. Possibly someone still has a disc image they could share.
Thanks, will sonicstage install on windowa 11 or windows 10?

Feb 22, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks, will sonicstage install on windowa 11 or windows 10?
Good question, but there used to be a compatibility setting that allowed for the installation of older programs. I don't know if it is still available.

Feb 27, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks @Hinomotocho i managed to install the driver and run MP3 file manager V2 by switching the compatibility to windows vista service pack 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back