Help to choose iem
Sep 23, 2023 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

suryahalim

New Head-Fier
Hello
im thinking to purchase chifi iem to be used for daily drive i got 2 option
Brand new 7hz timeless (non ae) or used moondrop variations which is cost around the same price

Im unable to test the iem since where im at there no physical store who sell those (only online)

I used to have ie 80 with ibasso dx10 as my iem but i lost it, right now i just used sony wf1000xm3 which is no longer usable since the battery is degraded and im thinking to go back to wired setup with my s23 ultra

The music that i mostly listened
Daredevil - Ace Combat 7 OST
Victory - Two Step From Hell
Movie and game soundtrack

What im looking for in iem is good detail and tonality preferably neutral or slightly bright

SO which one is you guys recommend , any input is appreciated

Ps
Im thingking using 7hz 71 dac or fiio ka1 as usb dac dongle

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Of those two, with your music and priorities, the Variations.

Sep 23, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Agreed. If you can find a variations for a good price, then go for it. Now, unless you have found your preferred sound signature, then why not a used Timeless? It’s a great headphone too and you can save some money for a different IEM to try

Sep 23, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 5
The Variations if you can get them. The Timeless is fun but I wouldnt use them everyday for that price. The Moon drop Kato is also really good and just got the Seeaudio Yume ultra today and really happy with it. My daily driver is the Simgot EA500, and would only trade them for the Kato or Variations if given the choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back