Help to choose headphone
Oct 27, 2014 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shiva31

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for an headphone to use at work (open workspace) and I need your help. It must have a good noise isolation even when not playing music because work can be quite loud (call center).

I'm considering the ATH-M50x and the UE 6000 (even though the NC is useless). However, I don't know if these model are good for that I listen to.

I mainly listen to instrumental music (Two Steps From Hell, Hans Zimmer etc ) and sometimes alternative metal. 

Thanks in advance

Shiva31

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 5
well, I try using ath m-50x but I'm gonna say that the noise cancellation doesn't work well, I just turn up my laptop volume not until half but the sound is leaking. Maybe you can take a look at shure line of headphone.

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #3 of 5
An option might be some iems like the shures. I use a set of se535 at work and my manager has to slide himself into my periphery vision to get my attention cause I can't hear him.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 5
Thank you both for your reply.

I already own a pair of UE 900s, which are very good but I cannot consider a pair ear-phone because I have to switch with the headset I use for work every 10 minutes so a headphone would be more practical. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back