* HELP! * Struggling with iBasso DX50 several months now... :(
Jan 2, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #16 of 20
It makes me want to try the 712 even more !
Yes, you can drag and drop. click on the arrow in front of your DAP on the left panel, it will show the Music folder of the device. Then you can drag and drop albums to it. Another way is to right click on the tracks or album, select send to and then your device.
Oh great! Definitely my favorite headphones of all time, and they are so cheap now. I'd love to buy their new K8 series, but it's like a million dollars so forget it.

OK, excellent news on the Drag n' Drop. I guess that in the case of mix playlists, the order in which I drag each music file into the folder, is the order that they'll play? (Aka, iTunes). Or do I have to type up a playlist file? Or rearrange the songs some other way, in the order in which I want to hear them??

Obviously, when I make a mix playlist, I'm dragging files from multiple different folders into the same "playlist x" folder, so I'm wanting to know how to arrange them in a specific order, so that the DX50 will play them in that order. That's what iTunes + iSyncr + Android Power Amp do so well.

Thanks again for the continued help.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #17 of 20
300 euros is still quite a leap for a pair of cans to me but I don't doubt they're worth it:). You'll borrow the K8 from a "good friend".
It works like Itunes really. I didn't mention it but you need first to import all your music into Musicbee (Edit - Preferences- Library - monitored folders - choose folder) Select your itunes music folder. It won't copy the files, just import their location into MB.
You should start by creating a playlist on musicbee on the left panel, drag n drop the tracks/album/genre you want in it from the MB library interface. Arrange the order of tracks as you would do with an itunes playlist, it uses the same M3u format. The playing order will be maintained once on the device. Then Drag n drop the playlist onto the device.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #18 of 20
300 euros is still quite a leap for a pair of cans to me but I don't doubt they're worth it:). You'll borrow the K8 from a "good friend".
It work like Itunes really. I didn't mention it but you need first to import all your music into Musicbee (Edit - Preferences- Library - monitored folders - choose folder) Select your itunes music folder. It won't copy the files, just import their location into MB.
You should start by creating a playlist on musicbee on the left panel, drag n drop the tracks/album/genre you want in it from the MB library interface. Arrange the order of tracks as you would do with an itunes playlist, it uses the same M3u format. The playing order will be maintained once on the device. Then Drag n drop the playlist onto the device.
Well, they were 700 when I bought it, so 300 is a heck of a good deal. And yeah, they're well worth it if you like that AKG open K-series sound. Hopefully you can try them out somewhere. I always have so much gear, that if I really like something, I can just sell a few other things I'm not using, and buy it. At this point thankfully, I have all I need so I haven't thought about a new pair in a while. I watch Amazon's "Warehouse" deals (open box), and if I see something unbeatable, then I get it. I just got a pair of Beyer's like I mentioned, the DT880-250 for like $60. Unreal! So it happens.

Wow, this is all such great news. I just can't believe it. Awesome!

Are you using a PC? Which version of MusicBee are you using? Just in case mine doesn't do that, then I know which upgrade I need. I'll try it out tomorrow. I'm also on Central Europe time.

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #19 of 20
Yeah, that's great older audio products don't feel outdated performance-wise as they come down in price. I was running MB 3.2 on Win 10 until recently, I renewed my pc and am now on 3.5.8 on Win 11.

Jan 3, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #20 of 20
Yeah, that's great older audio products don't feel outdated performance-wise as they come down in price. I was running MB 3.2 on Win 10 until recently, I renewed my pc and am now on 3.5.8 on Win 11.
OK good to know for comparison. I'm still using Win 8.1. But this month or next, I'll upgrade to a new PC with Win 11 simply for security purposes. I'll download your version of MB. For now I'll mess with what I have. Looking forward to letting you know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back