Help resoldering headphone driver
Apr 5, 2020 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tweeters

100+ Head-Fier
Hopefully this is the right place to ask, but the left driver of my Bosshifi B8's have detached entirely. My dad has a soldering kit but is unsure how to fix this.

Here are photos.

The black piece of wire laying in the cup in photo 1 detached also, and in photo 2 I'm holding it in place where it should go. Just not sure how to attach the red and black wires to the jack.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 2
Hopefully this is the right place to ask, but the left driver of my Bosshifi B8's have detached entirely. My dad has a soldering kit but is unsure how to fix this.

Here are photos.

The black piece of wire laying in the cup in photo 1 detached also, and in photo 2 I'm holding it in place where it should go. Just not sure how to attach the red and black wires to the jack.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You need to explain further/provide more pics (I have no idea what a "Bosshifi B8" headphone looks like):
  1. What is going on with the black wire to the fork/headband in the wood shell?
  2. Do you have a plug-in connector for each can?
  3. Do you only have one can with a cable connector and the wiring goes through the fork/headband to the other can?
A great deal depends on the answers to those questions. If you have cable connectors on each can, then it's simple: you need one connection each from the connector to the black and red terminal on the driver. If you only have a cable connector on one can, then you need to route the wiring through the fork/headband to the other can, in parallel to two wires that are also connected to the driver in the first can. Typically, if this done through the headband, the headband itself can serve as the ground (if it is metal). Then you would need only one wire routed through the fork/headband to the other can.

Anyway, see if you can answer those questions for us and maybe we can offer better help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back