Help recommend me some in-ear headphones
Sep 10, 2014 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hcdyer

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone It would be great if you could recommend me some headphones with these requirements:
In-Ear

< $50
At least sound better than Apple Earpods
Possibly no sound leaking. Not a necessity but it would be nice in class

Durable -- I hate headphones breaking on me
Have an available fix or replace warranty just in case

I might be able to stretch for $60 but $50 is ideal. I'm a sophomore in high school without a job so I'm just looking for something better than Apple Earpods. Thanks

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 7
Check here...

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/

Set your price point and check them out.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 7
 I quite like my Sennheiser CX 300 ii, they have good sound quality and construction, and cost about $35. I found them to be one of the most comfortable IEMs I've used. However, if you can get your hands on a TDK BA100 in Ross or Marshalls, they are by far the best value for money I have seen. I bought mine for about $15, and they far surpassed the sound quality of my Sennheisers.

Sep 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 7
if you do not mind how wide is the soundstage then i can recommend meelectronics m-duo, it has crystal clear highs. if the soundstage is the main concern, then you should take a look at brainwavz r1. r1 also has highs and lows that very much above average. if you need something in between with a good build quality and long warranty, then you can take something from koss.

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #7 of 7
  Thanks everyone. I went ahead and ordered the Meelectronics m-duo as they were cheap, had what I was looking for and great reviews to back them up.

well as i said, that's a good buy. other than excellent treble, it also has a very sturdy bass which is very strong on the bass side (125hz oriented). i found it lacks some depth on the bass and soundstage is not wide but it is one of the best earphones in overall quality for sure and good starting point to real earphones.

if you feel distortions or bass feels too tough while listening bass heavy music then use equalizer feature of your source and lower the 125-250-500hz frequencies and up 30-60hz. lower only 250-500hz (especially 500hz) if drums etc. strong elements giving you a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back