Help please! PS4 headphone setup - Astro Mixamp no good...
Mar 3, 2015 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

goldie87

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

Newbie here been lurking for a little while so be gentle. :p 

Recently made a couple purchases for an audio system for my PS4.

I was after some decent open back headphones and a microphone and something to power them a little more than the DS4 can do.

I ended up going for the ATH-ADG1 headset (great headset btw!) and the latest Astro Mixamp Pro 2.5 (not so great).

My problem is, and I have since discovered this is a common issue, that around 50% of the volume dial and above on the Astro, there is quite terrible static present! It is really annoying me and I have since enquired about returning this mixamp in search of a better option.

Here's where Im stuck. Does anyone have any advice on what route I could take? I don't mind cables around the place, provided I get nice clean sound. I do require to use the built in mic so that would need to be considered. 

Also I am interested in peoples thoughts on whether or not to worry about a 5.1 mixamp and if, with these headphones, I would be better suited just running them in stereo with a nice headphone amp or such, I just don't know how all the connections would work in regards to the microphone.

Looking forward to hearing some of your responses!

Goldie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back