Help my iMOD battery life down from 12hrs to 6hrs
Oct 17, 2007 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jlingo

500+ Head-Fier
I bought many ALO iMOD cables vampire, superkind, supercotton, Portable V-Cap etc. I have been burning in all the cables using my iMOD 5.5G. RedWine website stated that it requires at least 200hrs burned-in for Black Gate NX-Hi-Q to sound their best. I have done 200hrs for each cable. V-Cap is huge so I guess I have to do at least 800hrs of burn-in for that to sound best?. BUT the problem is, iMOD's battery only has 300 cycles of lifetime which means if you put 10hrs/cycle, total only 3000hrs.
Like me having 4 ALO iMOD cables, I would have burned in for 1000hrs. I wasted my iMOD battery life.

I just realized this because one morning I found my iMOD died, usually it could last overnight burn-in. Anyway to burn-in without killing the battery life of iMOD?

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 10
I remember Ken offering a cable that charges as well as plays.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 10
If you have another ipod you can use that to burn in the caps. It doesn't need to be an imod. It just needs a signal passing through it.
You can always get a new battery once your current one dies anyway. They are a breeze to fit too. 5 minute job.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have another ipod you can use that to burn in the caps. It doesn't need to be an imod. It just needs a signal passing through it.
You can always get a new battery once your current one dies anyway. They are a breeze to fit too. 5 minute job.

The thing is if you open up an iMod and it breaks, Vinnie's warranty goes out the window.

Oct 17, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't the V-Cap have a charger plug?

No the P-Vcap docks are not wired for charging, only the wood ones.

If anyone needs / wants a line out dock cable that has a DC jack for charging just email me and I will accommodate. audiolineout@gmail.com

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 17, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Sorry didn't realize this was the ALO forum
frown.gif

Ken made me a charging dock when I first got the imod and it was perfect.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No the P-Vcap docks are not wired for charging, only the wood ones.

If anyone needs / wants a line out dock cable that has a DC jack for charging just email me and I will accommodate. audiolineout@gmail.com

Thanks

Ken

Ok, I was thrown off since I saw a mini at both ends of the P V-Cap enclosure as shown in: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...&postcount=148 but I now realize it is the output to the amp (both rca and mini).

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 10
You could maybe ask Ken to custom wire a P-Vcap dock for charging.

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #10 of 10
He said he would NOT do a charging vCap dock.

However, all you would need to do is buy a REGULAR lod from ken and ask him to put a dc input on that to charge which can be used on the portable vCap dock. I want one, but do not have the $250 it would cost for that kind of super cotton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back