help me make a wise choice
Apr 16, 2008 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alphaseeker

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I am shopping for a new dap (mp3 player). I am only interested in sound quality. Mind you, this is my first 'real' dap. My only other, being a 1st gen ipod shuffle.

I would prefer a flash based source unit, but I don't mind either way. I am just interested in a unit that has really great sound on the go. I would prefer not to have to use an external amp if that's possible, but if I must, then I can do that as well.

I mainly listen to electronic, rock, live recordings, etc. Rock wise, I really like dave matthews band, pink floyd, depeche mode, etc... I have very eclectic taste.

I was leaning toward the cowon iaudio 7. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!

I am shopping for a new dap (mp3 player). I am only interested in sound quality.

I mainly listen to electronic, rock, live recordings, etc. Rock wise, I really like dave matthews band, pink floyd, depeche mode, etc... I have very eclectic taste.

I was leaning toward the cowon iaudio 7. Are there any other suggestions?

I was in the same boat as you for the last few weeks.I tried a lot of players including the iAudio 7 but decided on the Sony A816.It's basically the same as the A818(as suggested by Al Paccioli) just without the radio.I listen to the same music as you and believe me the SQ from the Sony really does sound awesome playing Floyd..I'd recommend it to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back