Help me choose budget friendly gaming headphones
Sep 22, 2014 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheNewKid

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, Andy here :)

The reason I've joined the forum is due to the fact that I have absolutely no idea what to look for in a gaming headset. I'm certainly no audiophile (totally untrained ears), but would still like to invest into a a quality headset. My budget is pretty low (100$) but I believe there must be some options available. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
beyersmile.png

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hey guys, Andy here :)

The reason I've joined the forum is due to the fact that I have absolutely no idea what to look for in a gaming headset. I'm certainly no audiophile (totally untrained ears), but would still like to invest into a a quality headset. My budget is pretty low (100$) but I believe there must be some options available. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
beyersmile.png

Hyper X Cloud & Qpad QH-90 appear to be the same gaming headset, so both are Takstar Pro 80 (closed headphone), that have had a mic added to them.

You might be able to find some used Sennheiser HD558 (open & no mic) headphones, with in you budget.

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 4

Hyper X Cloud & Qpad QH-90 appear to be the same gaming headset, so both are Takstar Pro 80 (closed headphone), that have had a mic added to them.

You might be able to find some used Sennheiser HD558 (open & no mic) headphones, with in you budget.

Thanks a lot for the reply! Looking at some youtube reviews, the Takstar Pro 80 seems like the best option, however I've also stumbled upon Razor Kraken Pro which seems pretty interesting. I'm familiar with their mice and keyboards (which are of excellent quality imho) but how do their headphones compare to other brands?

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #4 of 4
  Thanks a lot for the reply! Looking at some youtube reviews, the Takstar Pro 80 seems like the best option, however I've also stumbled upon Razor Kraken Pro which seems pretty interesting. I'm familiar with their mice and keyboards (which are of excellent quality imho) but how do their headphones compare to other brands?

I know just about zero about Razor products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back