[Help] Looking for some Over ear headphones with nice sound quality
Sep 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bape

New Head-Fier
I was recommended to this site and so here I am asking for help finding the best headphones for my self. I use to have the Dr dre beats pro but the ear pads are all messed up now and I was told there are way better headphones that are very cheap. I am looking for something more in lines with the beats pro sound quality? ( I am not an expert in headphones so I do not know if beats pro is good or bad). 

Basically im looking for

-Excelling sound quality
-Sound isolation
-over ear
-I like it loud
- my $ limit is 150 anything under is a + for me

Im just looking for headphones to listen to music and I mostly work out so I like my music very loud to get me pumped up. I also game a lot and I was looking at >>>PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset<<< but I do not know how it is with music compared to the pro.

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #2 of 3
Beats Pro sound quality may be an oxymoron, but you'd be looking for a V shape signature with plenty of bass and a bit of treble, with a relatively recessed midrange.

The Sennheiser HD380 Pro is more neutral sounding, but do get a bit more like Beats pro if underpowered. You should find them for £150 somewhere.

Maybe get a Fiio E17 one day to power them with and they will shine.

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 3
Well since you're looking at beats, i will assume you like extra bass (correct me if i'm wrong)
Donscorpio dolphin from penon audio
Yamaha pro 400

One of my friends bought and returned these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0053OLY9O?pc_redir=1411497400&robot_redir=1
If they are anything like the playstation gold headsets i would really avoid it. The padding on the headband is awesome but they have a pretty flimsy build.
The clarity is a step up from these iluv earbuds i used to buy a few years ago (before a i got into head fi :) )
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004PEIGIK?vs=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back