Help/ideas on uppgrade.
Feb 24, 2024 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

raymondb

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm currently using an ifi Stream/Zen Dac v2 with Hifiman Sundaras. My main source is Tidal HiFi plus. I'm thinking about upgrading my headphones to possibly the Arya Organic. My question is if I do this will I get an improvement in quality or will the Arya's be wasted because the Dac isn't good enough. I listen to all sorts of music: 70's prog rock, classic rock, clasical music, opera and even pop (Miley Cyrus, Halsey, Billie Eilish) in fact anything I enjoy and sounds well produced. With a budget of about £1200 I would welcome peoples thoughts and ideas.

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 3
Yes, there's an upgrade in quality. I've not owned the Organic, but I had the Stealth the same time I had the Sundara. Versus the Arya Stealth, the Sundara sounded muffled and closed-in, lacking in sparkle. The Arya Stealth sounded natural, detailed, engaging.

The XS is an alternative if you don't want to spend the money on the Organic--XS is still an upgrade and is more similar to the Arya than it is to the Sundara.

Mar 2, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi,
I'm currently using an ifi Stream/Zen Dac v2 with Hifiman Sundaras. My main source is Tidal HiFi plus. I'm thinking about upgrading my headphones to possibly the Arya Organic. My question is if I do this will I get an improvement in quality or will the Arya's be wasted because the Dac isn't good enough. I listen to all sorts of music: 70's prog rock, classic rock, clasical music, opera and even pop (Miley Cyrus, Halsey, Billie Eilish) in fact anything I enjoy and sounds well produced. With a budget of about £1200 I would welcome peoples thoughts and ideas.
ifi makes good stuff and it scales well. Any of the Arya's will be a step up over the Sundara. You can always try it and then upgrade your chain down the road if you want. Ananda Nano is also great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back