[Help] HD Evolution 7.1 (AV-710)
Jan 14, 2006 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

decayed.cell

100+ Head-Fier
I've just come back from Hong Kong with a soundcard that has been boxed as the Evolution 7.1 by HD Evolution. It has the same board layout, Envy24 chip as the Chaintech AV-710. It even has AV-710 printed on the board, so I'm assuming that this is a clone?

I'm having trouble getting sound out of the Line Out. I have it set on 2 Speaker mode, and in order to hear anything I have to plugin the speakers or headphones into the Alt port (next to the SPDIF).

EDIT: Never mind, I have a new problem now though.

I'm using Foobar 2000 0.83 with Kernel Streaming and it plays music fine, but when there is a Windows Sound (like a notification on MSN) the music stops sounding in Foobar??

Jan 14, 2006 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 3
Lol, if its an AV-710, why bother with the line out in the first place?
biggrin.gif
its the alt-out you want.

There is no way around the KS problem without introducing QSound which basically renders KS pointless. Just turn off all windows sounds at the sound profile thing >_<

Jan 15, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Oh well, thanks anyway... I got around the problem by connecting the rear channel of my 4.1 speakers to the integrated audio. Then I setup the Windows Sounds to be fed to the rear channel, and Foobar to feed to the front channel :p.

And by the way, I pretty sure my card is a bit different to the Chaintech AV-710? If you look closely, I have another set of jumpers at the top of the board?

Av710_L.jpg

Have a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back