[HELP] Connecting a subwoofer to monitors and a DAC
Sep 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cenumis

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.
So I'm being handed down a Warfedale SW150 and I wanna throw it into my system for some fun. Gear and connections to follow:

Warfedale SW150:

Audioengine D1 (Line level connections I believe):

JBL LSR2328's:

What I'd like to do is JBL's > Subwoofer > D1 to PC via optical. Is this possible given the current connections?
Any help would be appreciated and thank you.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm a complete noob when it comes to hooking things up and the whole line out and pre amp situation has got me confused.

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 3
What I'd like to do is JBL's > Subwoofer > D1 to PC via optical. Is this possible given the current connections?

Yes. You'll have to connect the D1 to the RCA inputs on the sub, then use the RCA outputs on the sub to connect to the unbalanced inputs on your speakers. Or alternatively, you could split the signal coming out of the D1 and run it to both the sub and the speakers (seems more trouble).

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Yes. You'll have to connect the D1 to the RCA inputs on the sub, then use the RCA outputs on the sub to connect to the unbalanced inputs on your speakers. Or alternatively, you could split the signal coming out of the D1 and run it to both the sub and the speakers (seems more trouble).

Awesome thanks for that. I didn't think it was that simple for some reason.. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back