help cannot decide between atrio and klipsch custom or shure se530
Sep 9, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 8
Which one sounds best will totally depend on your version of what 'best' is...

What sort of music do you listen to and what sound characteristics do you like (Eg heaps of bass?... heaps of detail?... Upfront vocals?)

Can't really help without that kind of information.

The Atrio are the bass kings (quantity) of those that you have listed.

Paul

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 8
I haven't heard the M5s so I can't comment on those but I have the Custom 1s, Custom 2s and the SE530s. The SE530s are quite a bit better in overall sound quality than the Customs, much clearer, cleaner, and wide soundstage. They have highly accurate and tightly controlled bass and highs and mids that lack any kind of grain or color. The highs and mids are open, spacious and airy. The definition I don't believe is as good as the UE Triple fi-10s but it is among the best there is.

A warning about the SE530s, if you do use them and make them your primary canalphone, after a good while of using them, all other canalphones will sound like crap except maybe the Triples and X10s. That's what recently happened to me anyway. I used them for quite a while and then put my Denon 751s in and for a long while they sounded like crap. I was feverishly tweaking the EQ for a better sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard the M5s so I can't comment on those but I have the Custom 1s, Custom 2s and the SE530s. The SE530s are quite a bit better in overall sound quality than the Customs, much clearer, cleaner, and wide soundstage. They have highly accurate and tightly controlled bass and highs and mids that lack any kind of grain or color. The highs and mids are open, spacious and airy. The definition I don't believe is as good as the UE Triple fi-10s but it is among the best there is.

A warning about the SE530s, if you do use them and make them your primary canalphone, after a good while of using them, all other canalphones will sound like crap except maybe the Triples and X10s. That's what recently happened to me anyway. I used them for quite a while and then put my Denon 751s in and for a long while they sounded like crap. I was feverishly tweaking the EQ for a better sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

the wonders of high end universal IEM's!

im feeling the same way as i sold my sf5pro and now am waiting to get my freQshows and using normal earbuds!!!

well i suggest that you go and try all out and actually from there find out what you like the most!

of course the budget consideration will have a talking point!

Sep 9, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Hmm, I'm considering M5s as an alternative to my current SF5pros at the moment.

How do they sound? I mainly listen to modern smooth jazz and rock, and am quiet happy with the sound of my SF5pros but not the fit.

Sep 9, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I'm considering M5s as an alternative to my current SF5pros at the moment.

How do they sound? I mainly listen to modern smooth jazz and rock, and am quiet happy with the sound of my SF5pros but not the fit.

I suppose I'm fortunate. I certainly feel fortunate, anyway, because I usually have a very hard time getting silys to seal and be comfy. However, with these particular silys I've been using with my Triples, Denons and all of the CX300 style and size canalphones I have, fit and comfort is no longer a concern. The material in these particular common looking large, black silys must be different from that which come with most phones. The appear to be porous and are very soft.

I always douse them with Al-kee-hall...lol...and douse my ears, making them as oil free as possible and once they set up after a minute or two, they stay put and comfy. It also sometimes becomes necessary to use Witch Hazel Extract to clean and dry both the sleeves and ears before dousing with al-kee-hall...lol. I remove the excess of the alcohol, though, leaving just enough to kind of make a gluing seal.

Sep 9, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #8 of 8
my se530 just broke.

shure's phone really don't last long.....

make sure you can get warranty before buying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back