[Help] B400 vs KS3 vs IT01S
Nov 11, 2019 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

astranberg

New Head-Fier
Hello friends!

I am looking to purchase one of three IEMs, and I would love your help to compare the three. You may give other IEMs as suggestions but I do ask the majority of this thread be devoted to these three earbuds. If you've listened to multiple of them, that's awesome. If you've only listened to one of them and can describe it, that's great too.
  • Brainwavz B400 ($150)
  • Alpha & Delta KS3 ($150)
  • iBasso IT01S ($180)
My only IEM right now is the VSONIC GR06. I love my GR06 to death, but its cable is unfortunately breaking at multiple points and it is time to move on.

I have very limited exposure to hifi, but I'll to my best to describe what I like.

What I like about GR06: Decent sound-stage and immerses me in the music. It feels overall well balanced. The bass is warm although I wish it was a bit tighter. Highs feel smooth. Being my first high quality headphone (albeit certainly budget), these IEMs give me detail I had never heard in my music before.

Music I listen to: Although I play bass myself, jazz is only about 15% of what I listen to. When I do listen to jazz I would want the bass to be a strength, although not overpowering. Most of what I listen to is contemporary music, alternative christian and worship music. Examples include Switchfoot, needtobreathe, young oceans, hillsong, norah jones, phil wickham, and then of course bassists like victor wooten, stanley clarke, marcus miller etc.

I play music from my PC and my Galaxy S9+.

Thank you!

[I hope the mods don't mind I make this a new post, since my last post is hard to follow now.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back