Help and advice with my new budget setup please, and HišŸ˜Š
Oct 7, 2023 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SOL1

New Head-Fier
Hi all my first post here:) I have been into hifi since I was 16 so many years ago:wink: Due to a protracted illness 6 years ago I needed to sell off my headphones and hi res player, being Beyer DT1350, Beyer T90 and an AK player.
I am now in a position to buy a modest budget set up, so I have gone down the rabbit hole for the past 48 hrs and have come up with Sienhieser HD 560s and a Topping Dx3 Pro+. I am not savvy with streaming music but I would like to pick the right streaming service so I am looking for guidance on this. If I understand correctly I intend to send data (From the streaming service via Bluetooth from from my computer to my topping and utilise it;s DAC to process the Data, is this how it would work? I am very open to your knowledge and experience on this. I only need CD quality so perhaps lossless audio level so am thinking apple music, Like I said I have only been studying this streaming stuff for the past 2 days so I may not have the best understanding of how it works, feel free to set me right.

Thanks in advance

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 9
So far I'm not seeing anything to disagree with.
What is your over all budget?

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for getting back Angel. About 450 US as the Aussie dollar is not great as is most other Countries ATM. I like bang for buck. I will prob get some Hart cables just for looks and a degree of placebo (And I am not having a dig at cable guys I mean it legitimately) This combination just seems to be an intelligent combination after a lot of research over the past couple of days but am still open to others thoughts.........I have already bought the HD 560s though, and about to buy the DAC/amp combo and cable

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #5 of 9
Is there a reason to why you want to transfer the date from your computer to the DX3 via Bluetooth, and not a cable? I always prefer to use cable whenever possible, because of reliability and sound quality.

Edit: Ohh, and hi, I'm pretty new here as well :)

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 9
Hi Lindholdt, I am still looking for advice on streaming and am a bit of a newbie on this subject, that is why I joined this forum. The reason I want to stream Bluetooth Data is my computer is in the lounge and I think I will use the headphones in bed mainly. What streaming platform do you use? do any of these platforms have built in equalisers?

Oct 8, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 9
Hi Lindholdt, I am still looking for advice on streaming and am a bit of a newbie on this subject, that is why I joined this forum. The reason I want to stream Bluetooth Data is my computer is in the lounge and I think I will use the headphones in bed mainly. What streaming platform do you use? do any of these platforms have built in equalisers?

If the Bluetooth can reach that far, then it makes good sense.
I'm using Tidal at the moment, but have also been using Spotify for many years. I like the Spotify UI the best, but I wanted to give higher quality a test, and stuck with it.
Most of the streaming services out there have trial periods, and I would recommend that you take advantage of this and test them out. I think you should try Spotify and at least one of the providers that offer higher res, so you can test and hear it this is something that it worth it to you, in this setup. Personally I would go for Spotify in a Bluetooth setup, as I'm not not sure the higher quality would be something I could hear, but again, you have the opportunity to test it yourself, and that would be me recommendation.

Oct 9, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Unless your computer is less than 20 feet from your bedside, I wouldn't be confident in the Bluetooth connection to the Topping amp.

If you have good WiFi in the bedroom, you could used an old phone as your dedicated streaming device. You can take out the SIM card and make it into a music player/streamer. You could connect it to your Topping amp by Bluetooth or USB cable. For that matter, you could use your current smart phone.

I unfortunately had to give up on my iPhone 4 because Tidal stopped supporting out-of-date iOS versions. Other streaming apps may work fine on your phone.

BTW... don't sign up for any streaming app through the Apple iStore. Apple adds their cut onto your monthly payment (forever). Download and sign up on the streaming service website, then download the app from the iStore.

I doubt you will find third party cables to be significantly better than the HD 560s cable. With your budget, cables are not a value choice (IMHO).

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for getting back on this and the heads up. As far as the cable I paid $12.for it as it is 1.2M shorter than the standard cable which would drive me crazy. I will probably go for another streamer like google audio or WiiM Mini Hi-Res Wireless Audio Streamer and use an optical cable. I will just use my normal phone for control

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back