Hello
Oct 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dan J B

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am a 49 year old music lover who has just about every iPod ever made. I listen to them through my Shure SCL3 and SE210 earphones which I am very happy with. I joined this forum to learn more as I am certainly no audiophile. Looking forward to conversing with you all. Cheers.

Dan

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello and welcome to Head-Fi from another Head-Fi beginner!

I am curious about your Shure IEM ownership experience... do you enjoy the SE210s for all kinds of music? I'm leaning toward getting some Shure IEMs myself and was wondering if they live up to their great reviews. Do you play them right out of your iPod or do you have a DAC device of some kind you use with them? Just curious as I'm looking to play mine right from an iPhone, probably without a DAC to start with. 

Happy listening!

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 4
  Hello and welcome to Head-Fi from another Head-Fi beginner!

I am curious about your Shure IEM ownership experience... do you enjoy the SE210s for all kinds of music? I'm leaning toward getting some Shure IEMs myself and was wondering if they live up to their great reviews. Do you play them right out of your iPod or do you have a DAC device of some kind you use with them? Just curious as I'm looking to play mine right from an iPhone, probably without a DAC to start with. 

Happy listening!

I really like the sound of both  models as well as the noise insulation. I don't have a massive breadth of experience/knowledge of earphones as before iPods came along my previous experience was Sony Walkmans back in the 1980's. Before Shure I bought Sennheiser PX100/200's and CX300's so do not have much to compare against, however with the Medium Foam Sleeves that come with recent Shure products, I find them really comfortable and a great listen. Cheers.

Dan

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 4
First of all welcome to this forum. Hope you will enjoy your time here.

May I just add that there is a special thread dedicated to such discussions?

Kindly move your questions to this thread.

Thank you.

- TheDreamthinker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back