hello tyll. my ultra desktop amp
Sep 5, 2009 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

auradud3

100+ Head-Fier
hello tyll, recently on the quest to hear different soundstages coming from my amp i bought from you around 1 month ago, i had a beyer dt 880 tied in, as i increased the volume to get them to a reasonable volume (250) ohm version, i heard what broke my heart, it seemed that the amp began cutting out, it would go quiet, and than come back only for a second or 2 at a time, i was watching my computer at the time, so i know the i tunes were not stopping, and starting, so i plugged in my rs1i's and replayed with greatly reduced output and everything was perfect again. i have played the same recording several times since with no problems, could you explain this to me? or do i need to ship my amp back for you to look at?

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 6
I was having a similar problem with my recently purchased ultra desktop amp and elected to return it for HeadRoom testing/troubleshooting and repair if needed.

Be sure to go through the usual troubleshooting checks:
How do you connect your amp to your computer? You could try a different cable for the interface or try another interface, i.e., optical vs USB. Do you have another digital audio source that you could try other than your computer?

If you're still having trouble then give support a call.

It's damning that two recent purchases have been problematic... bad batch of a particular DAC component?
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 6
it only happened when the demand on the amp became high due to the 250 ohm impedance placed on the amp, since it has been smoothas butter, but i still would like an answer from tyll.

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 6
Tyll isn't around here that much anymore as he has stepped back from day-to-day operations at HeadRoom. You need to email or call HR support, who are still as helpful as ever. If there's a problem, they'll take care of you.

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm still around here to answer questions when I can. Real problems are better handled by the service department, however.

In this case I sincerely doubt the high impedance had anything to do it; our amps drive 600 Ohm headphones no problem.

Since it's worked since, I'd reckon you just had a computer glitch temporarily.

ne_nau.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back