hello. recommendations for a new guy
Apr 29, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #46 of 50
Once you find a nice fitting one, I reckon they are fantastic. I have really small ears though so the z1r's whilst sound fantastic, I can only do for short listening. The ie800's feel invisible which ads a whole new listening experience. The LCDi4 is a mix of both, good fitting but the sound? Utter joy, and then some. Bed time easy listening goes to the senns. Everything else, the LCDi4. Z1r I ought to sell, I do love them but seems redundant in my use cycle. I tend to miss gear and get them again lol. If I'm in the mood for them I damn well better have them on standby :p I've yet to come across a different pair that would compliment with what I have. The Solaris are quite forgettable in my experience.

I will ad though the LCDi4 I eq'd. Quite flat sounding without it. But they really really respond well and come alive. Also best with an amp.
damn you have a lot of expensive gear.

when i get them i will share impressions for sure. only thing i have to compare with are iphone headphones and bose qc 25s

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #48 of 50
There was an old, old audiophile refrain: "No highs, no lows, must be a Bose..." I think your audio horizons are about to expand significantly.
I agree. But also, let the brain burn into the new sig approach. Might take a few hours to appreciate the different sounds.

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #49 of 50
damn you have a lot of expensive gear.

when i get them i will share impressions for sure. only thing i have to compare with are iphone headphones and bose qc 25s
Alot of my gear is high performing budget stuff, even these IEMS are pretty much 'midfi' though they are all endgame for me in their designated purposes. The higher price Vs performance doesn't justify for me, and that's how to be truly happy with what you have.

May 2, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #50 of 50
i just got them delivered. out of the box its already louder on my phone, then the bose headphones connected to my dac. and on the dac its way louder. i cant even take the volume all the way up on these. i will need more time to be able to give more details. but first impressions, its seems like its better then what i had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back