HeAudio 1.3, 1.2B and the new JADE Stat Headphones
Dec 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #2,672 of 2,677
I'm curious, what's become of HEAudio. Reading scraps on websites it seems like they went quietly out of business?

Their new company is called HiFiMAN. Maybe you've heard of it 
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #2,673 of 2,677
It's not that their new company is called "HiFiMan". It always was.
Fang Bian (owner and creator) was looking to get into the "stat" business before his
foray into the ortho success, and contracted Mr. He to create a electrostat to bring a new
one into the market since no new cans were on the market.

I had all three and the Jade was a wonderful attempt but had multiple problems (growing pains).
They eventually scrapped the project.

Hats off to Head-Direct for going down the path of bringing back good alternative headphone choices. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #2,674 of 2,677
Fang Bian (owner and creator) was looking to get into the "stat" business before his
foray into the ortho success, and contracted Mr. He to create a electrostat to bring a new

I had all three and the Jade was a wonderful attempt but had multiple problems (growing pains).

Hats off to Head-Direct for going down the path of bringing back good alternative headphone choices. 

Their new company is called HiFiMAN. Maybe you've heard of it 
wink.gif

I've seen Hifiman, and noticed the link. At a distance it is not easy to see exactly what is happening. Wasn't sure if the two were the same thing or different but associated.

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #2,675 of 2,677

immtbiker, you were one of the early contributors on this thread. Electrostatics seems to be a more tricky technology to get right than some others. Amps are relatively easier, so lots of choices from small producers. Being brave on new objects takes more time than I have.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #2,676 of 2,677

Oh, I see. Nonetheless it seems they shifted their focus to planarmagnetic headphones and HiFiMAN as a brand.
Did Mr. He have anything to do with the planars, since they kept HE before the model numbers (eg. HE-6)?

@alcyst
AFAIK there have been some pictures of a prototype that could become a Jade II:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698831/lightbox/post/10153756/id/1014228

Dec 17, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #2,677 of 2,677
  ... Being brave on new objects takes more time than I have.

One aspect of being a hobbyist, although, not a necessary one.

I knew Fang personally from my NY meets, so it was easier for me to be in on the ground floor of this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back