HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp without the DAC section/parts?
Jun 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

paara

500+ Head-Fier
Dont know if this has been discussed before:

Will there be a version of the $1,599.00 HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp that can be bought without the DAC section/parts? like the HeadRoom Desktop Amp cost 699$without the DAC and 999$ with DAC.

After the introduction of your new HeadRoom Ultra Desktop DAC it is not very tempting to buy a amp with an inferior on-board DAC.

So maybe an DAC-less version will come alonge after a while? for maybe 999-1099$???

,Stian

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 9
You'd have to do a special order of the Desktop Amp asking for the Max Module to be included.

Just keep in mind that returns on such special orders aren't allowed.

Jun 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 9
jeremy mentioned to me they no longer offer the option of installing a max module in a desktop amp on newly purchased amps.

you can still upgrade an amp you already own though.

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 9
It sounds like the Ultra Micro Amp could be what you're looking for - it may not be exactly identical to the regular Ultra Desktop but it uses most of the key parts and it does not have the DAC included. This would give you the option of connecting to any other DAC you wish including the new UltraDAC.

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by squirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jeremy mentioned to me they no longer offer the option of installing a max module in a desktop amp on newly purchased amps.

you can still upgrade an amp you already own though.

Now this would explain why I was unable to find a link to that special little order page where you can ask for a desktop amp with varying upgrades.

I wonder why they stopped this offer just about when I was thinking of pouncing on it??
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now this would explain why I was unable to find a link to that special little order page where you can ask for a desktop amp with varying upgrades.

I wonder why they stopped this offer just about when I was thinking of pouncing on it??
confused_face_2.gif

Because in these difficult times, they need to be as efficient as possible, and it's a large drain on resources to offer lots of different custom configurations. It throws everything off, from inventory control to product build times.

Ideally I'm sure they'd love to offer any config. you want without price penalty, and maybe that will return in the future if things are going well.

Jun 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After the introduction of your new HeadRoom Ultra Desktop DAC it is not very tempting to buy a amp with an inferior on-board DAC.

Your point is well made, lemme look into it a bit. My guess is that we won't return to making it a stock item, but I don't see us turning down a custom refit with Max modules as squirt suggests. Again, it's not returnable then.

I'll get back to you here.

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 9
I am interested as well. Perhaps with digital volume control!

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your point is well made, lemme look into it a bit. My guess is that we won't return to making it a stock item, but I don't see us turning down a custom refit with Max modules as squirt suggests. Again, it's not returnable then.

I'll get back to you here.

That is great news
smily_headphones1.gif
Thank you for your respond

Users who are viewing this thread

Back