HeadRoom Total Bithead problem
Aug 31, 2008 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LithosZA

Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I received a new Total Bithead headphone amplifier 2 days ago and recently noticed something strange.

It seems that the left side is louder than the right side. At first I though it was my hearing, but then I switched around the headphones and I still noticed that the left side of the headphones were louder on my right ear.

Then I thought it was maybe my headphones, but it also didn't seem to be the problem because both my HD-280s and my HD-595s showed the same problem.

Is there anything you guys could suggest that I might be doing wrong or do you think that the headphone amp is defective?

Additional information:
I am currently using the amp through the USB interface under Windows Vista with no batteries.
All the software volume controls are at 100% and the balance on both channels are the same.
Currently I'm using foobaar2000 -> 16bit Dithered -> WASAPI exclusive mode output. I also did try DirectSound with the same results.
Using the onboard soundcard on my laptop with my headphones it seems that the left is the same volume as the right.

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 7
Sounds like your amp is destined for a return trip to Big Sky country - sorry.

The good news, Headroom is a great company to deal with and they'll take good care of you. Give them a call and I'll bet they'll have you up and running right in a week or so.

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Sounds like your amp is destined for a return trip to Big Sky country - sorry.

The good news, Headroom is a great company to deal with and they'll take good care of you. Give them a call and I'll bet they'll have you up and running right in a week or so.

Thanks. I will do that,

Hopefully the shipping cost won't be as expensive as it was to get it here in the first place.
eek.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LithosZA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I will do that,

Hopefully the shipping cost won't be as expensive as it was to get it here in the first place.
eek.gif

Chances are that if you contact HeadRoom they may even pick up the cost of your return shipping since the unit was not working correctly from the get go. Have you tried letting it operated for 24 consecutive hours? Sometimes electronic gear needs to run to settle, worth a try if you ask me.

Sep 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LithosZA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys,

I received a new Total Bithead headphone amplifier 2 days ago and recently noticed something strange.

It seems that the left side is louder than the right side. At first I though it was my hearing, but then I switched around the headphones and I still noticed that the left side of the headphones were louder on my right ear.

Then I thought it was maybe my headphones, but it also didn't seem to be the problem because both my HD-280s and my HD-595s showed the same problem.

Is there anything you guys could suggest that I might be doing wrong or do you think that the headphone amp is defective?

Additional information:
I am currently using the amp through the USB interface under Windows Vista with no batteries.
All the software volume controls are at 100% and the balance on both channels are the same.
Currently I'm using foobaar2000 -> 16bit Dithered -> WASAPI exclusive mode output. I also did try DirectSound with the same results.
Using the onboard soundcard on my laptop with my headphones it seems that the left is the same volume as the right.

Hello LithosZA,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues with your Total BitHead...
frown.gif

Hmmm, have you tried using the TBH with other computers by any chance? FYI, the Vista platform has indeed had some minor issues with various digital audio interfaces, as explained here:

Windows Vista Forums > Vista Sound Skipping

Please call us or send an email to me asap [jorge@headphone.com]... If the TBH unit proves to be defective in any way, we'll get another one right out to you ASAP!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #7 of 7
Nice to hear of a comany that provides top notch customer service! I've always liked Headroom (I have a Total Bithead) and now I like it better.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back