HeadRoom and Head-Fi in Houston
Jun 12, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #16 of 22
Cool, thanks, remilard. I thought the Headroom "Home" DAC was noticeably better than the base Desktop DAC and the MicroDAC, so that's the comparison I'm most interested in.

Turns out the price is about the same, too, considering the Benchmark price tag of $975:

Headroom Desktop ($599) + Home DAC ($299) = $898, or even better,

Headroom Desktop ($599) + Home module ($199) + Home DAC ($299) = $1097 - 10% for contributing member discount = $987.30. But of course you get a better headamp, or so I've read...

Jun 24, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 22
Hi guys, been pretty busy, but FINALLY got around to uploading my pix.

There’s an interesting saying down here: “Hot enough for ya?”
YES it’s hot enough for me! Why do you think I moved to Montana?
meethoustonsweat.jpg

Thanks for a great spot for the meet, Hardbop. Here he is up to his knees in headphone stuff.
meethoustonhardbopjpg.jpg

Earache getting an earful of the hot-rod Desktop Amp and recabled HD595. I really like the recabled 595 too.
meethoustonearache.jpg

Trea assuming the same position with his Allesandros. I have to say that every time I heard the Alesandros at various meets, they always sound better than I expect.
meethoustontrea.jpg

Mario had a blast trying all sorts of stuff out in his set-up.
meethoustnmario.jpg

We had a fine time.
meethoustongoodtime.jpg

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
There’s an interesting saying down here: “Hot enough for ya?”
YES it’s hot enough for me! Why do you think I moved to Montana?
meethoustonsweat.jpg

June, July, August, and even September are not the best months to visit Houston. Come in December, on your way back to Montana, and it'll be much more pleasant.

cool.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 9:20 AM Post #19 of 22
Thanks a lot for coming to see us, Tyll. I really enjoyed having a listen to your shiny, new toys.

Thanks, too, for the Bithead. It's had a workout already (50+ hours a week since I got it). It's only just now showing signs of battery drain, too, I had no idea that it would be so effecient.

I'm glad I could help out with a location and that it turned out so well.

I'm really looking foward to getting my hands on a Micro Stack or, dare I hope, a Portable Desktop. Now I just have to pick out a set of headphones...

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #20 of 22
It sure would be fun to do this type of thing again and coordinate with the headfier's in Austin and San Antonio! Three hours at this meet were worth hundreds of hours reading about the various headphone/amp combinations. I still give the recabled 595's and the maxed out desktop the big thumbsup.

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 22
Hey, we had such a great time at Hardbop's!!! so
let's meet again!!!, I have new toys (I bought the power supply for my Emmeline Xp7, a NAD C542 cd player (no more discman.....), and a pair of Ultimate Ears Superfi 5pro for my Iriver , and I'd like to share them with you.
It could be in my place, it is not big but big enough the handle about 8 to 9 people. I would serve delicious food for all of you.

Feel free to bring all your new toys, cds ( my cd burner will be waiting for them
k1000smile.gif
)

What about any weekend in January?

Let me know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back