Headphones vs Speakers
Oct 15, 2002 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kintoun

New Head-Fier
Since the music that I listen to doesn't rely on heavy bass but more clarity and range could I get off with using a HQ set of headphones instead of my speakers? TBSC with BA 7800's. Specifically the music is j-pop and anime/game songs. Is it possible to get headphones which surpass these speakers but within the same price? This may be a personal opinion, but I'm interested in the general opinion.

Oct 15, 2002 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 4
you could probably get superior headphones for the price. but they'll probably need an amp as well. and probably a better source than your pc. (you'll get to hear all the internal noise of your pc and all the mistakes in mp3's)

Oct 15, 2002 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Well, thsoe speakers are $260. You could easily get a headphone system to surpass those for the price... and you could get a 2.1 system to surpass those for the price. the BA7800 are nice, big-on-quantity, pretty big on quality, 4.1 gaming speakers...

and the TBSC is a nice sound card ya got there (dont i know, heh....), just make sure you dont overdo the fans in your case...

Oct 17, 2002 at 7:53 AM Post #4 of 4
bioweed, man, are you right! now i have to re-record some of my cd's.
mad.gif
(using CDex @ 320 with q=9)

Gluegun, audition some Grado SR80's for the comp. me, i live in an apartment, so my home built horn speakers are out, and i just fried my amp
frown.gif

it's tough going from Plantonics to real phones but oh so much better. i was going to buy the Altec 4.1's for $200 (CompUSA) and decided that I'd rather buy a $100 set of cans and build a $100 amp.

my problem is that i will end up making three headamps, 1 for each computer and 1 for the entertainment system.

for me, headphone gaming RULES. i still use my nintendo wireless set for PS1 and N64 gaming. I used to use BIG speakers for gaming. someday i'll have a house...
wink.gif

man are you in for a treat!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
still listening to Dixie Chick's "Beatin' Around the Bush"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back