Headphones to Emu 0404
Aug 4, 2004 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheMedic00

Head-Fier
Will I be able to directly connect my headphones to the Emu without an amp/anything else in between? How does it sound? I'd be going from Audigy to Emu 0404, but I'd rather not do it if the increase in quality is rather minimal (I'm using the 240S). Thanks for the advice.
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 5
The quality increase is massive, afaik you need an amp, or at the very least a 1/4" slitter of some sort, I would recommend an amp, if you have a source of that quality, you should have headphones of equal quality, and headphones of that quality, require a amp

580smile.gif

So, get the 0404, & an amp!

Aug 19, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Just ordered an 0404. I'm interested in analog connection to both a portable headphone amp and my preamp. Asmo mentioned a 1/4" splitter. Is that a cable? If so, any recommendations?

Aug 20, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 5
My grados sounded ok out of the 0404 straight but didn't have any more room to get louder. It was just fine for me but I know some people like to listen louder. An app will get you more volume and better control over the headphone yielding better quality.

Aug 20, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
My grados sounded ok out of the 0404 straight but didn't have any more room to get louder. It was just fine for me but I know some people like to listen louder. An app will get you more volume and better control over the headphone yielding better quality.

I hook my senn650's striaght into it and have plenty of room to get louder with surprisingly good control/quality. My senn280 pro's are the same story. However, I plugged a pair of cheap low-impedance panasonics into it and it was significantly quiter than the other two. Apparently the emu's analog out's are better suited to higher impedance connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back