Headphones for METAL???
Mar 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Metal fan

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I am a fan of Heavy Metal Music( In Flames, Hammerfall, Children Of Bodom, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, old Metallica, Summoning, Dream Theater, Spocks Beard, Sodom, AC/DC, Dark Tranquility, Saxon and so on), Death Metal, True Metal, Doom Metal, Power Metal, Speed Metal...NOT BLACK METAL!!!

Is anyone able to recommend(to suggest) me headphones for METAL???

Or is anyone able to give me an advice, which headphones I can order???

Sorry, if I do not type englisch/american englisch very well, I am not an englisch speaking person.

But I want to listen to Metal without disturbing others, that means, but I want to listen to my Music with goot Quality!

headphones= cool, because I have the music between my ears and nobody else does hear it.

My range of Prize(price) is 100-250 €(Euro).

Could you please give me an advise, which headphones are good for metal???

Please can you help me???

Greets
Sebastian from Europe

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ultrasone HFI-780 are exactly what you are looking for.

Couldn't agree more. +1 on the 780s!

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 16
I dont want to be rude
smily_headphones1.gif
But if you use the Search function you can find alot of threads on exactly what we are going to tell you.

Another +1 towards the HFI-780's.... Good for Metal and such.

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont want to be rude
smily_headphones1.gif
But if you use the Search function you can find alot of threads on exactly what we are going to tell you.

Another +1 towards the HFI-780's.... Good for Metal and such.

the 780s seem to be a great metal can, but you might also want to look into grados if you want to pay less.
(like, $200 less. most grados don't need an amp, and good amps are generally pretty expensive. )

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #11 of 16
Alessandro MS2i.
They are a Grado 325i with a bit more neutrality built in.
They also ship outside the US so they are easy to acquire.
Also, check the head-fi 'for sale' forums.
You can always get good stuff there for less money.

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal fan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headphones= cool, because I have the music between my ears and nobody else does hear it.

i think he wants a closed pair

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal fan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a fan of Heavy Metal Music( In Flames, Hammerfall, Children Of Bodom, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, old Metallica, Summoning, Dream Theater, Spocks Beard, Sodom, AC/DC, Dark Tranquility, Saxon and so on), Death Metal, True Metal, Doom Metal, Power Metal, Speed Metal...NOT BLACK METAL!!!

Errrr... what?

In any case, of closed headphones (you obviously want isolation?) I cant think of any other than Ultrasone Proline 750 / PRO750, or above mentioned HFI-780, though I havent heard the latter. Not the optimal headphone for metal IMHO because of not so good midrange (proline 750 anyway), but out of closed headphones it is best that I know.

Of open headphones, its any Grado or Sony SA5000 that gets my vote.

Mar 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #14 of 16
There are good suggestions in other threads, if you do a search.

I will echo one of the first mentioned cans in this thread - the Denon D2000. Of course it depends on what sound signature you want, but D2000 are pretty allround, and can accommodate pretty much any type of music quite good.

Within your price range Grado SR-225 are a good bet - unless you are really prone to headbanging. In my experience Grados do metal great, but they don't clasp nearly tight enough for me to bang my head wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back