headphones for gaming
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sharp-Shooter

New Head-Fier
Hello, i do not know which one of these headphones are the best for gaming, im looking for comfy, good directionality, and ofcourse good sound, which one would YOU Choose and why?

AKG Q701 
Audio Technica
Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio Technica ATH-AD900

is there any other headphones i should consider?

thanks!

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
Hello, I do not know which one of these headphones are the best for gaming, I'm looking for comfy, good directionality, and of course good sound, which one would YOU Choose and why?
AKG Q701 
Audio Technica
Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio Technica ATH-AD900
Is there any other headphones I should consider?

Might help to know what source(s) your plugging the headphones into?
But right now my gut say the AKG Q701 might be the best choice for your needs.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
I guess some people really don't like my guide, lol.

Nah, don't think so.  If he just take a look I'm sure everyone would agree that your guide is the most comprehensive mid-high headphone comparison anywhere on the web.

Here's a link, just in case:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-9-29-2012-he-400-edited

I think it's no exaggeration that you're the one leading the crusade on better gaming headphone.

beyersmile.png

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
I guess some people really don't like my guide, lol.

actually, before i made my account i looked at your thread, which is why im deciding between these headphones, before your guide i did not know where to even begin...

i will be using my onboard sound card for now, supreme fx 3, then upgrading it possibly down the road if it matters for the headphones

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
actually, before i made my account i looked at your thread, which is why im deciding between these headphones, before your guide i did not know where to even begin...

i will be using my onboard sound card for now, supreme fx 3, then upgrading it possibly down the road if it matters for the headphones

Why didn't you post in MLE's thread then? :p Worth asking if you're looking at Dolby Headphone or just stereo.

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Why didn't you post in MLE's thread then? :p Worth asking if you're looking at Dolby Headphone or just stereo.

never thought of that because its got like 50 pages lol, i guess i thought my post in 50 pages would not get alot of attention, but i will do that right now, thanks 

EDIT. make that 550 pages....lol

Oct 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
never thought of that because its got like 50 pages lol, i guess i thought my post in 50 pages would not get alot of attention, but i will do that right now, thanks 

EDIT. make that 550 pages....lol

LOL. That's one of the most active thread in this particular sub-forum.  Adding about 2-3 pages every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back