headphones.com?
Jul 3, 2001 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Neruda

Banned Moderator
www.headphones.com

[sarcasm]uh oh...Headroom has some competition![/sarcasm]

that's right, specializing in both Koss and Jensen, these guys are definitely going to run Headroom out of business!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, check that place out for some new Koss headphones. It seems that Koss has taken the KSC-50 and turned it into a streestyle headphone. Oh, and I didn't think it was possible, but they made the plug even uglier.

Jul 3, 2001 at 7:09 AM Post #2 of 9
>Koss has taken the KSC-50 and turned it into a streestyle headphone.

Neruda, the good (great?) news is that now we have a decent headphone to recommend to people who really want "StreetStyle" headphones!
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2001 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 9
That's right, Neruda - Koss The Plugs look even crappier! At least The Plug no longer has that dreaded mute button that almost always gets in the way. (The Sporta Pro still does...
eek.gif
) So why does Best Buy still charge $25 for those Plugs, when the new list price of the "mute-button-less" Plugs is only $15?
redface.gif

(Notice to myself: Crapcount: 2 - 1 in this post, 1 in my signature:>@)

Jul 3, 2001 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 9
Wow! The old Pro 4/AA's are still around! (you all probably already knew that...)
smily_headphones1.gif

pro4aa.gif

My first headphones were Koss Pro 4/AAA's - bought around (hmmm...) 1982??

Interesting that they still have the 4/AAs around. I wonder why... maybe because of the mic mount on the side?

I fondly (sarcasm) remember the old pnemelite (sp?) ear cushions... mine hardened over a year or two into a rock solid mass that was painful to wear.

Jul 6, 2001 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 9
Just an FYI -- I hate StreetStyles, but I called headphones.com today and ordered a pair of the KSC-55. I want to see if they are indeed the same things as the KSC-50s, so we know whether or not to recommend them
wink.gif

Since I'm in the SF area, they actually waived shipping for me!

Jul 6, 2001 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 9
hey, cool! be sure to tell us how they sound (although I know I don't need to ask).

Jul 7, 2001 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 9
Since most StreetStyle backphones squeeze your ears (a'la Sonys), I'd definitely bet that the KSC-55's will sound much closer to the (S)Porta Pros than the KSC-35/50's.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back