headphone scam or strange joke?
Oct 10, 2001 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
phonyz

i couldn't find anything on their site that stated this was a joke. i love their "technical" description of how phonyz work. then again the site is run by women--and we know how much they love gadgets like headphones! (do we have any female head-fizers yet?!)

Oct 10, 2001 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 5
Well duh! Its a joke...

I mean, thats a Sony Fontopia bud all screwed up, saying "L" on the right ear...

Maybe in twenty years it wont be a joke...

Oct 10, 2001 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 5
chych,
your reply makes even less sense than the website!
wink.gif
thing is, they have a place to enter your credit card, etc.

from the website:
"A newly developed MR5 micro chip has enough memory to store upto 100 songs. Recording is nearly as simple as listening to music. A simple plug in wire is included when you buy phonyz. You then plug this into your CD player or computer, (where you would normally plug in headphones) then press the record button on Phonyz while playing the song you wish to record.

Phonyz can play for upto 100 hours and then must be recharged. This is simply done by using the plug in wire and plugging it into a normal battery recharging. Your phonyz will then be ready for another 100 hours of pure music!

GO ON, ORDER PHONYZ NOW!!!"

the three exclaimation points really help their cred, imho.

Oct 10, 2001 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Sounds phony to me (pun intended). Such thing would have to have a very good and expensice chipset, since, according to the info, you record in real time from a soundsource. That means compression on the go. That and the playback and reproduction capabilities sound exagerated to me. Of course, I could be wrong and it would not be the first time, but I think it's either a joke or a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back