Headphone recommendations and questions
Nov 26, 2006 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

warMen

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I've been lurkin' for a little while through on my headphone quest.

First of all, right now I own the Sennheiser HD212 Pro, and I was looking for something MUCH more comfortable, less fatiguing, and better sounding. I can't listen to these for too long, the sound and bass is pretty in your face. They are fun to listen to, and ever since I've gotten them I've gotten really into metal and extreme genres, just cause it's so fun on a pair of good headphones. My favorite genres are still (in descending order) progressive rock, progressive metal, electronica (more downtempo and that psychill stuff)

Christmas is coming up, and I'm really considering getting the Sennheiser HD595s. They even ooze comfort in the online pictures. This is a big factor for me cause I want to be able to wear them for long periods of time. I was wondering what are the best components to go along with them? I use both my iPod and computer to listen to music, mostly mp3s in the ~192-320kbps range. I would only use these for home. I have an SB Live! soundcard (all I could afford). Will they sound good unamped or is an amp necessary? If so, what's a good amp to get? Also, as I was reading I noticed someone mention a DAC... what does this do to the sound and should I get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back