Headphone amp to pair with the Sennheiser HD 600
Sep 3, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #16 of 20
  +1 on the Vali Modi 2 combo. I was pretty satisfied with this combo and still use it as a setup in my living room. For the money, you'll be hard pressed to find something that sounds as good with the HD600 IMO. Also agree that the HD600 sounds better with the Vali in opposed to the O2 or the Magni.

Okay thank you. I'll have to make a decision if I want to break my $300 AUD budget to accommodate for a better sound with the HD600. Do you believe it is worth going over my budget to purchase the Vali over the Magni?

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #18 of 20
Audio GD NFB-15 could also be something maybe. I haven't heard it myself but I've seen it recommend arround here many times.

+1

I own the NFB-11. Same headphone amp/pre-amp, but different DAC from the NFB-15. Seems like the NFB-15 would fit your budget well. Audio-GD ships factory direct from China, and they help out with the declaration value to keep import fees down. So probably one of the best values you could get internationally that fits your budget.

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #19 of 20
  Okay I guess I have to make a decision on my future purchase. I feel that the vali is just too far over my budget but I'll have to see. Would the Magni still be worth it or is Vali a much better option when pairing with the Sennheiser hd600?

Magni is still a overall solid amp. While not at O2 level, it's pretty hard to beat at $99. HD600s are fairly smooth on it's own, so it shouldn't sound harsh with the magni. People do like that pairing.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #20 of 20
I recently got my self a pair of HD600 and I tried it with my schiit vali paired with a modi 2 uber. I typically use this with my 600ohm dt880s but I was curious as to how the hd600s would sound with the schiit. Before I even got to listening I heard a very subtle but definitely present humming. Any ideas why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back