Headphone Amp to Pair with Astro Mixamp
Sep 12, 2014 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PixelSkills

Head-Fier
I just read Mad Lust Envys headphone Guide and he recommends using a headphone amp to power your headphones/headset still even though your using the Astro Mixamp. My question is, I have no issues with the level of sound coming to my headset, which is a Sennheiser G4me One which is 50 Ohms impedance but will it help the sound quality to add a separate headphone amp to power my Game one headset? At the moment im not extremely impressed with the Sennheiser Game one, but it definitely still sounds good but I was expecting to be blown away.

If it will help the sound quality is there a good Headphone amp for under $50 that will do the job? I just spent over 300 for this setup and cant afford much more. Any help would be great!

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
  I just read Mad Lust Envys headphone Guide and he recommends using a headphone amp to power your headphones/headset still even though your using the Astro Mixamp. My question is, I have no issues with the level of sound coming to my headset, which is a Sennheiser G4me One which is 50 Ohms impedance but will it help the sound quality to add a separate headphone amp to power my Game one headset? At the moment im not extremely impressed with the Sennheiser Game one, but it definitely still sounds good but I was expecting to be blown away.

If it will help the sound quality is there a good Headphone amp for under $50 that will do the job? I just spent over 300 for this setup and cant afford much more. Any help would be great!

From what I've read, you'll gain better sound stage (Directional sound).
  Also would I get better sound quality if I returned this headset and got a HD558 and a modmic?

If you're looking for gaming, I would check the K612 Pros out. They were rated quite high in Mad Lust Envy's gaming headphone guide. If you stick to Sennheiser look at the 598s or PC360s, from what I've read.

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 5
What would a good option be for a headphone amp to get for mysetup? Ive been looking at the FiiO lineup but not sure which one would be suitable for my needs.

I'm waiting to receive my e17 to pair with my Mixamp for now. If you want something cheaper, try the e11. It seems to be rated quite well here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-e11

I would ask here aswell. More people will see it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-7-9-2014-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added

Users who are viewing this thread

Back