Headache with TE Hexa and 7hz Zero
Feb 3, 2023 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chadoudud

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I found this forum while looking for help with the following problem, if you have had any similar experiences or heard of anyone who has had this happen to you I would appreciate it if you could share it.

A few days ago my TE Hexa arrived and from the first moment I started using them I felt a slight pressure on the sides of my head, if I kept wearing them for more than 20 minutes, I started to feel pain in the back of my head. By the evening of the first day I already had a headache.

I've been told that it could be pressure build up and to try to open my mouth and pull up my ear to open the ear canal, I have even tried to insert them as little as possible. I also tried different silicone tips or foam tips (including the ones I usually use with my other IEMs) and reducing -5db (even more) the treble with EQ as I have read that people are sensitive to these but it didn't work out either. I also tested using them unplugged and I don't feel the discomfort already described so it must not be the fit of the IEMs themselves.
This same thing happened to me with the 7hz Zero (I found another person who has the same problem with these).

Every day I use the Wan'er practically all day on the computer and before these I used the Chu and CCA CRA without any problem or need to do the above steps. I have thought about whether I might have some kind of sensitivity to the magnets that the Hexa and 7hz Zero use or something but I don't even know if such a thing exists but if so, is there any way to identify which IEMs I'm likely to have this same issue with?

Thanks for reading

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 8
That's... I've not heard this. I would think, like you, it's either nozzle size, length, or tips.

I don't know if it would help but maybe try to poke a hole with a needle in one of the silicone tips so there's no pressure build up?

I'm no IEM expert, just something wacky I might try for cheap.

Feb 5, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 8
That's... I've not heard this. I would think, like you, it's either nozzle size, length, or tips.

I don't know if it would help but maybe try to poke a hole with a needle in one of the silicone tips so there's no pressure build up?

I'm no IEM expert, just something wacky I might try for cheap.
I tried the hole in the silicone tips but it didn't work, thanks for the comment.

Feb 5, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 8
You may also try vented IEMs, but they are usually more expensive...Maybe @AmericanSpirit knows of good IEMs that are vented.
just saw this msg, oops sorry I overlooked.

For budget range IEMs, many of KZ are vented, like their latest series ZNA / ZAR.

For technicalities and tuning, AFUL Performer 5, has pressure release system which is specially designed to release the inner ear pressure built up.

Although it is not my favorite solution, you may try foam ear tips that generally could ease pressure build up as well, but I see you’d already tried those, so you probably have a very sensitive ear canals.

If you are considering your endgame IEM, 64 Audio U12t has similar ear pressure release system, so you probably could count it on your list✌️

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #8 of 8
just saw this msg, oops sorry I overlooked.

For budget range IEMs, many of KZ are vented, like their latest series ZNA / ZAR.

For technicalities and tuning, AFUL Performer 5, has pressure release system which is specially designed to release the inner ear pressure built up.

Although it is not my favorite solution, you may try foam ear tips that generally could ease pressure build up as well, but I see you’d already tried those, so you probably have a very sensitive ear canals.
No problem man hehe

I have read many good reviews about the Aful even though they are a bit out of my budget but I didn't know they had that pressure release system. Now knowing that I will save and save myself more trial and error.

With the Hexa's I tried the stock foam tips but it didn't work, however I will keep in mind on my next purchase some Comply ones that I have read are good foam tips just in case.

Thanks for your reply and help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back