Head-Fi User Interface improvement suggestions
Sep 13, 2011 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

khaos974

Headphoneus Supremus
So, a few things that could be improved for the Head-Fi interface:

- I've noticed that head-fi post take up a lot of vertical space, I have a screen with a 1200 pixel vertical resolution and sometimes I only have 3 posts with one liners filling up my screen. The main culprits?
  • The huge space dedicated to the username/join date/location/avatar picture, if it were possible to move it besides the post instead of above it, it would make Head-Fi a lot more compact and readable, not to mention that this huge band is mostly just empty space.
  • Some posts have a lot of padding, mainly line breaks that appear in the quotes, before and after the quotes when one uses the quote function. Namely, I've been using the bbcode version of the answer box, and whenever I quote, there are a lot of useless and
    that appears out of nowhere. I think there's some issues too with the WYSIWYG html version.
  • To a lesser extent, signatures, maybe it would be possible to move the quote/multiquote/reply buttons besides the signature instead of below it?

- Answer boxes, as mentioned before, there are a lot of purposeless line breaks. And there seems to be a problem with nested quotes that don't appear (I did not check the 'auto remove nested quotes' in the preference menu)

- An option to display 25 or 50 posts per page, especially since Auto pager doesn't seem to work properly on HF.

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 2
Here's a capture of the HF window on Firefox 6, this takes up my entire screen, way too much space wasted.
(Try to display the image at it original size)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back