Head-Fi-ers in SoCal?
Mar 11, 2002 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tambrose

Head-Fier
I have been using an old pre-amp to drive my 'phones for a year and now I'm ready to get an amp.

I've been following this forum for a little while and have learned a lot. I really would like to hear a couple of amps (I've never heard any!) before making a purchase.

Are there any Head-Fi-ers in SoCal that would want to get together for some listening?

I'm in Orange County.

-tom

Mar 11, 2002 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 5
sure. were you planning on some big get together type of thing or just meet and listen? i may be in the area weekend after next on my way to los angeles, but i'd be cool hanging out for about an hour while you listen to some of my stuff.

i'm temporarily back home, but once my parents come back (they're out for the evening) i can run the idea past them of you coming down (a little south of san diego) and listening to my hi-fi setup here. i'm not sure how okay they'd be with it though (step dad's a bit uptight). and i'm warning you know, i'm having setup problems in the small space they're allowing me for the system, but if it works out it could be fun.

otherwise, if a bunch of people are getting together and if i'm free i'd be more than happy to tote my amps up.

best,
carlo.

Mar 11, 2002 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 5
This sounds like the makings of a Head-Fi get together. I'll move the thread to the Meetings, Parties, Get-together forum.

Mar 14, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 5
I'd love to do that. It would take some persuading from the parents though. I am not sure how they would react to "I met a buncha middle aged men on the internet, and we are all getting together somewhere in LA"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back